Possible to Have Non-surgical Breast Augmentation?

Is there any way to enlarge your breasts with pills or any other product without surgery?

Nonsurgical breast enlargment not ready for prime time

Obviously it would be great if there were options for breast enlargment without surgery or implants but we just aren't there yet. Several herbal formulations have been marketed over the years but none has proven safe and effective. These things are not regulated by the FDA and some of them might actually be dangerous. If they work, it is by stimulating the estrogen receptors in breast cells, which could increase risk of breast cancer. So much research needs to be done before this option will become a reality.

The other procedure that you may hear about is fat injections. Wouldn't it be great if you could just suction some out from where you don't want it and put it into the breasts? At this time the procedure is still experimental, though techniques are improving and it may be available in a few years. For now, implant surgery is the safest and most predictable option .

Hello! Thank you for your question! Breast augmentation is a procedure often sought by women to increase size, add upper pole fullness and projection along with improve shape and symmetry of her breasts. Women who have the breast augmentation done report increased self-confidence, self-esteem, and more comfortable with her body. In fact, it has been the most popular procedure in plastic surgery in the US for the past few years. Unfortunately, there truly is nothing that can be done to reshape, augment, or improve appearance of your breasts "naturally". Options for this would be for breast lift or breast augmentation with implants or fat grafting. Hormones do have an effect, but is not recommended for such and has its side effects.

I would consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss the various options. Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Only Breast Augmentation With Implants Can Enhance Breast Size

There is nothing currently available that will achieve an enhancement of your breasts as safely and effectively as surgical breast augmentation with implants. Creams and pills may cause a minor increase, but they have not been proved as safe or effective. The only FDA approved method is breast implants.

Non-surgical breast augmentation

There is a suction device which is akin to the penile enlargement devices which can non-surgically enlarge the breast using external suchtion and functions much like a lactation pump.

Non-surgical breast augmentation doesn't work

There is no such thing as a non-surgical breast augmentation. The only way to have the breast made larger is either with implants or autologous tissue.

Hi there-

There is no safe and effective way to enlarge your breasts without surgery. There are now many excellent and sage alternatives available to healthy women, but all require a short operation.

Do your homework, think about your goals, visit with a surgeon Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery, and decide if what you need to spend and go through is worth having what you want. You'll know what's in your best interests.

Good luck!

Not really.

Hi!     I think devices will waste your money and pills may even be dangerous.  Here's my advice:  If you are well motivated, surgical breast augmentation is safe and effective.  If you are not sure, leave yourself alone, for now, anyway.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Non-surgical breast augmentation not possible

In our society, we all tend to think in terms of taking a pill to improve whatever it is we don't like. You can not enlarge your breasts with diet and excercise (or a pill) so you must decide to either live with your current situation, or have a predictable operation which represents the number one most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedure in the country. Over 350,000 breast augmentations were performed last year.

Other than surgery, which is the most reliable, there is a machine called the BRAVA which has shown very modest improvement in a limited number of patients. It's basically a suction machine that must be worn around the clock for weeks and some of us wonder if the minimal result is simply prolonged swelling. Frankly, if the machine worked well, we would all be recommending it. So, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Not predictably...

There is a suction device called Brava that might produce modest increase in breast size but its use is combersome at best with the need to wear suction cups for hours on end each day for months. Otherwise, no pills with long-term safety studies are currently available or appoved by the FDA. Remember that the breast gland is one of the most highly oncogenic (cancer-forming) tissues of the female body. Stimulating its growth does occur with certain hormonal therapies but safety as concerns increased risk of breast cancer needs to be disproven with each therapy. The studies with breast implants currrently available have demonstrate the overall safety of these products from that point of view.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Non surgical breast augmentation is not really possible

Over the years a number of nonsurgical bra-like contraptions have been used. The results are very modest and disappear as soon as you stop using the device. There are also pills that are supposed to help, usually sold through tabloid magazines.

In my experience, I have met a lot of women who have spent a lot of money pursuing nonsurgical augmentation, and I have never met (or heard of) a single one who succeeded.

Have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss all your options. Breast augmentation with implants has a high degree of satisfaction when properly performed by qualified individuals.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon