Non-invasive Options for Bulbous Nose Tip?

I have a narrow bridge, average nostril size with a large bulbous tip. It's the biggest feature on my face and I would like to get it taken care of without going through open surgery. I'm truly interested in the non-invasive procedure but I'm kind of skeptical. Any suggestions?

There are NO effective NON-surgical treatments for Bulbous nasal tips

+2

To reduce a bulbous nose tip its components, the paired lower lateral cartilages need to be narrowed and stitched closer together as well as occasionally cartilage grafts need to be added to accentuate this work in people with thicker nasal tip skin.

There is NO effective and safe non-surgical treatment that can duplicate these surgical techniques despite a lot of false claims to the contrary.

To educate yourself see several nose surgeons and ask for their opinion on how to best obtain the nose you want. You will rapidly learn what your options are without having to follow through on them.

Dr. P. Aldea

Closed rhinoplasty techniques for the bulbous tip

+1
Open rhinoplasty is not necessary in this nose. Closed rhinoplasty techniques are used to narrow the tip cartilages with sutures to the lower lateral cartilages of the tip. Occasionally a conservative cartilage removal is also necessary. Also important to make sure the bridge matches the new tip, so osteotomies may be required. It is important to make sure the nasal components balance with themselves and your facial features. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

Generally, nonsurgical rhinoplasty doesn't help a bulbous tip.  It is more commonly used to raise a bridge or correct mild irregularities or raise the tip.  Unfortunately, seeking out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to perform a tip-plasty is your best option and will make you the happiest in the end.  Good Luck!

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip treatment not possible without surgery

+1

You have an interesting question. These days many people want non-invasive or non-surgical treatments for just about everything. There is no way to refine and shape your type of nasal tip without altering the shape of the lower tip cartiages. I have written extensively on ethnic issues in rhinoplasty and your nasal shape is a perfect inddication for an ethnic rhinoplasty that won't take away from your natural features but can subtly enhance and refine your tip and narrow your nostril base.

Do not be tempted to go the non-surgical (temporary) route for this issue. The indications for non-surgical nasal alterations are minimal and are usually best reserved for raising a flat bridge or filling contour deformities post-rhinoplasty.

Make sure you choose to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who sepcializes in ethnic noses.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty for the ethnic nose

+1

Although the non-surgical rhinoplasty seems like it can be used in all situations to create changes to all types of issues regarding your nose, there are limitations to the effectiveness of the procedure. Certainly, the narrow dorsum you have complained can be addressed with the techniques used in non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Unfortunately, the width of your tip, as well as, the poor projection and ptosis (drooping in your smile) will be difficult to correct with anything short of a formal rhinoplasty. The rhinoplasty procedure can be performed conservatively so that only the changes you desire will take place and great changes to your face to not have to take place.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

It would be diffcult to effect any significant change with non-surgical rhinoplasty. You could undergo a closed rhinoplasty approach with concealed incisions. and use of lower lateral cartilage contouring and cartilage grafting.