Combining Non-cosmetic Surgery with Liposuction?

I need to have surgery to remove a saliva gland, a lymph node or two for biopsy, and to correct a deviated septum. While I'm "under" I would also like Liposuction (or lower face lift) to improve the appearance of my jawline and neck. Is it possible to have all this done at the same time?

Liposuction can be done together with salivary gland resection.

+1

Hi.

Everything depends on the details. If there is any chance that you might have a malignant tumor of the salivary gland, then of course you should not have any cosmetic surgery.

But I have done a face lift together with a parotidectomy several times  without problems. So you can consider it.

Combining surgeries

+1

I would have to agree with Dr. Lentz and advise you to do the nose with the salivary gland but separate out the neck / face liposuction. Since you need the salivary gland removal the may be in the surgical field and can cause a wound healing problem. I wish you good luck on your planned surgery.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

It seems that you have a possible medical problem which may preclude cosmetic surgery.

+1

I would suggest that because your surgeon is concerned that there may be a real medical problem with your salivary gland and or lymph nodes, it would be best not to under go a face lift or liposuction of your neck at the same time. The nasal surgery is in a different area and could be safely done simultaneously but why not get the needed medical treatment before going forward with cosmetic surgery.

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD