Is This Nodular Acne? Or Something Else? (photo)

I developed several lesions over a few weeks and two dermatologists diagnosed me with severe nodulocystic acne and put me on accutane. Some of my lesions are so deep I had to point them out to the dermatologist. These other bumps are mostly hard to the touch and when I got an injection they had minimal improvement. I'm wondering if these are something else? Lipoma?

Nodulocystic Acne

+3

After evaluating the photos that you posted, I would agree that you have nodulocystic acne.  Accutane is an excellent treatment for nodulocystic acne with scarring, though it is important to discuss the treatment at length with your dermatologist prior to beginning and to make sure that all of your questions are answered.