Tt Binder Ripping my Skin off?

Why is my tum tuck binder ripping my skin off? Im treating it with hydrogen peroxide and neosporin-do you think it will heal without scarring?

Skin Ripping off from Binder after Tummy Tuck

+1

If you are having denuding of the skin due to the binder, you must see your plastic surgeon for the proper wound care regimen so that scarring is minimized.

Skin Irritation after a tummy tuck

+1

Skin irritation from the abdominal binder can be an infrequent but frustrating complication after a tummy tuck.  My advice would be to take a few days off from wearing the binder, stop the hydrogen peroxide and go to just neosporin twice a day.  I would clear the stopping of the binder with your surgeon first though.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.northtexasplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck/avoid-tummy-tuck-scars/

Tt Binder Ripping my Skin off?

+1

A call to your surgeon is in order. It may be that the binder is on too tightly, or that you are allergic to the material. If the open areas are at the incision, it may not be the binder at all but the strips that were (presumably) used to assist in the closure.

Either way, call your own surgeon for instructions so this doesn't get out of hand. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

Problems with Binder after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Your  abdominal wall binder or any other garment should not be so tight as to irritate your skin. If it is doing so, I would suggest that you place a layer of gauze/ padding between your skin and the garment.  Address these concerns with your plastic surgery during your next visit.  Only time will tell whether you may experience some pigment change etc. where the skin has been “traumatized”.

Again, your plastic surgeon will be your best  resource.  

Best wishes for an otherwise uneventful recovery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm