Tingly Stabbing Pain in Breast?

I recently had a capsulectomy and implant replacement in my right breast. I am having some intermittent stabbing-tingly pains now 3 wks post op. Is this normal? I am also taking singulair to try to avoaid capsular contracture. Can this cause the pain? What should I do?

Discomfort after capsulectomy

+1

It is normal to have intermittent discomfort after caspulectomy.  This is probably aling normally.  You should follow your surgeons recommendations on implant massage and implant displacement exercises.

Intermittent pain after breast revision surgery

+1

The tingling and stabbing pains indicate the nerves are regenerating and it is a normal condition. This may last many weeks after surgery and generally will subside with time. But report all symptoms to your surgeon.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Capsulectomy and Pain at 3 Weeks

+1

This tingling and burning sensations are fairly common after capsulectomy.  The singulair is not the culprit.

Tingly Stabbing Pain in Breast

+1

Odd sensations and discomfort is quite common after breast surgery, all the more so after capsulectomy. SIngulair is not likely to be the culprit.  If this persists, it will not be resolved online, so a visit to your surgeon is in order. Thank you for your question, all the best.

Pain following breast augmentation

+1

Sharp pain, tingling and electric shock type pain is not unusual after a breast augmentation.  This is due to stretching of the nerves that supply the breast.  Gentle massage and time usually help with this condition.  Your medication,  Singulair is not the cause of your pain.  

"tingly" pain after breast surgery

+1

Tingly, or sharp pains that come and go after breast surgery is not uncommon.  Usually, these pains are due to the healing process and the "reawakening" of the nerves.  Be sure to mention them to your surgeon on your follow-up visit, however.  Also, if the pain worsens, doesn't go away, or you develop fevers, swelling, or redness, make sure that you call your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Pain in breast

+1

It is not uncommon to have some discomfort in the breast after a capsulectomy and implant replacement procedure. If concerned, you should see your surgeon.

Tingly Stabbing Pain in Breast after Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

Sudden, unuexpected and fleeting pain, often described as sharp, stabbing, electric shock or tingling at three weeks after surgery, is usually healing pains as the nerves repair themselves. It is different than muscle pain or cramping. Pain that is progressive, that is unrelenting and continues to worsen, is more indicative of a problem. Singulair can cause some real problems, but pain in the breast is not one of them. The best thing for you to do is to let your plastic surgeon know what you are experiencing, and let them check you out. Via the Internet, I cannot tell what is going on, or whether this is normal or a problem.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon