I am 28 yrs old, 5'7" and about 150lbs. Which Procedure Will Give Me a Smaller Waist? (photo)

I am 28 yrs old, 5'7" and about 150lbs. I have 2 kids that are 2 and 4 yrs old. My current waist size is a 33 but I would like to go back down to a 25 inch waist as I was pre pregnancy. Which procedure will help me to achieve my dream waist size?

25 inch waist after pregnancy?

+4

There are two procedures to consider in your case.  The first is liposuction.  It will get rid of the extra fat but not the extra skin that you have.  The second is a tummy tuck which will get rid of extra fat, extra skin and help tighten your six pack abdominal muscles.  This will give you the better result.  To get all the way down to a 25 inch waist, you will need some weight loss in addition to the procedures.

How to Get a Smaller Waist with Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+3

A tummy tuck to remove tissue and plicate your muscles will reduce your waist to some extent and can be supplemented with liposuction of your flanks and back to get the smallest waist possible.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Procedures to slim the waist

+2

The two procedures to consider are liposuction or an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). In your photos, it appears that you have good skin quality in which case liposuction may be enough. A tummy tuck, however, is more suited to tighten the waist as we can tighten your abdominal muscles and therefore waist. I agree with my colleagues that a healthy diet and exercise are essential both before and after surgery. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Will Lipo Or A TT Give Me A Better Result?

+2

It's difficult to tell from the photos but it looks like you may have some muscle laxity/separation from your babies (diastasis) and could benefit from an abdominoplasty with liposuction to your flanks for the most optimal results and shape.  Because your skin tone looks good, you could try liposuction first to see if that result is acceptable but if you have diastasis, you will get a better result from an abdominoplasty.  Good eating habits and exercise will help maintain your results.  Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Waist

+2

This is tough to answer just from the photos. If there are fat deposits of your abdomen you appear to have great skin tone and will benefit from liposuction. If the muscles have spread from the pregnancy then they need to be repaired. This will require an examination. Diet and exercise will also help here

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Weight Loss Before Body Contouring

+2

Your dream waist size will take a lot of hard work and effort from both you and your plastic surgeon.  We see many patients for body contouring consultations, such as liposuction or tummy tucks, that are not yet optimal candidates for these procedures.  Mainly, these patients are still overweight and will not achieve their aesthetic goals and will become quite dissatisfied if they had undergone surgery.  You do not want to undergo the discomfort and expense of surgery without being an optimal candidate for the procedure.  You will need to lose a significant amount of weight to achieve your pre-pregnancy waist size.  At that time, you can be properly evaluated for which procedure will best address your cosmetic concerns. Many of us can recommend a specialist or have nutritionists or weight loss plans that can help you achieve your dream. Best wishes on achieving your aesthetic goals.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+2

It is hard to tell how good your skin is (to make sure it wouldn't be loose after liposuction) but from what I can tell from the pictures, I think you could get the results you are looking for with liposuction of your abdomen and flanks (love handles).  You are petite and I think removing this excess fatty tissue with liposuction will give great results!  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

33 to a 25 inch waist?

+2

I agree with the other surgeons in that some generalized weight loss to reduce the intraabdominal fat (fat inside the abdomen around the intestines) first, followed by a tummy tuck and maybe some flank/hip liposuction will reduce and redefine your midsection. However, I doubt you will be a 25 inch waist again. 

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Loosing wait is the principal object/perder peso es la meta ppal.

+2

of course a well done lypo when you get your original prepregnancy  weight will arrive to your  original waist

por supuesto  tan pronto y llegues a tu peso original previo a tu embrazo con una buena lypo  obtendras la cintura  deseada

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck should give you flatter stomach and narrower waist.

+2

Hi.

1)  Just going by your pictures, it does not look like your main problems are excess skin or excess fat.  I think your abdominal muscles have really relaxed because of your pregnancies (diastasis recti), so that you still look almost pregnant.

2)  The muscles are repaired with a tummy tuck, and I think this will give you much better shape.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)