Can You Please Address This Issue for Me?

I had an implant exchange and total cap removal on my right breast due to a cap con. My left one didnt have prior cap con but my ps still replaced that implant too. I switched from sal to silicone. Im 2 wks post op and I feel like my right is much lower and softer than my left. My left is higher and has more definition. My ps said that once a cap forms around the right one that it be look more like the left. I know there is no perfect symetry but I fel that I was much more sym before surgery.

Capsulectomy and Inferior Migration

+1

It is common for capsular contracture to give an artificial lift to the breast.  The removal of that scar tissue will cause the breast to fall.  Over time, this sagging appearance  may well improve.  Give 6 months for the adjustment. 

Asymmetry after capsulectomy

+1

It is not uncommon to appear asymmetric after capsulectomy, the breast will appear lower and looser.  It will take 3-6 months before you see the final results.

Dennis Dass, MD

Assymetry post exchange

+1

This will get better with time.I would massage both breast to try to maintain softness.Everyone will get a capsule but the key is to keep it soft.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after revisional breast surgery tends to get better with time.

+1

Without pictures it is hard to give solid advice, but I would agree with your plastic surgeon. At some point in time postoperative changes will end and a final decision will be made about revision.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Would help to see photos.  However, what you describe is not that unexpected and the asymmetry may well improve given some time. 

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Asymmetry after breast implant revision... what to do? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello Beth5062,

Although it will take some time for things to settle down, one thing you can do in the short term is talk to your surgeon about beginning some breast massage and implant displacement exercises to assist in the positioning of the implants and shaping the implant pocket

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant asymmetry will probably need to be corrected.

+1

Hi.

Of course do nothing for several months and try to be optimistic in the short run, but if they don't look good at two weeks, you probably will not be happy.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Symmetry after capsule removal and exchange of implants

+1

Some slight degree of asymmetry is probably expected as your breasts (I presume) were slightly different to start with. Two weeks is too early to know for sure - please wait for at least 3-4 months. If you still feel unhappy about the symmetry after this, discuss with your surgeon (and post some photos here if you wish).

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to properly evaluate  your issues.  At two weeks it is a bit early to see the final results. You need to give it a few months.

Breast Asymmetry after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Although your concerns about breast asymmetry after revisionary breast surgery are quite understandable, you'll find that online consultants can not be of much help to you. 

Your plastic surgeon, who knows your situation best exactly what procedure was performed, will be your only reliable resource for advice and/or meaningful reassurance. 

At this point, only 2 weeks of surgery, I would suggest continued patience and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Unfortunately, only time will tell whether the breast symmetry will improve or not.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!