Mortified! Have I Created Permanent Lower Lid Creases Due to 3 Years of Inappropriate Botox Injections? Fearful of Lower Bleph.

Resolution for dynamic lower lid bunching? Had Botox, 3x year, 3 years. Initially, did forehead, furrows & crowsfeet. After a few treatments, noticed slight pouch that would diminish, leaving ever-worsening creases, after each round of Botox. So, I then began injections beneath eye area, as well. When forehead de-paralyzed, I would return for ALL areas, thus perpetuating the problem? Been researching this site--would I be helped by ceasing ALL BOTOX, & instead, SURGICAL BROWLIFT & CHEMICAL PEEL?

Eyelid creases

+2

As we age our eyelid creases get worse. It sounds like that is what is happening and not as a result of Botox. I would suggest you consult an experienced dermatologist in your area for a consultation. Botox has not been showed to cause permanent side effects like you are describing.

Permanent lower lid creases from Botox

+2

Botox only reduces underlying muscle movement and does not cause any permanent skin wrinkling or creases. The orbicularis muscle under the lid skin always comes back. The skin above the injected muscle does age and suffer the effects of sun damage, smoking, etc... I suspect that even if no Botox were injected, you would still have developed those creases.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid bunching an botox

+1

You would need to be seen in-person and examined during different facial expressions to evaluate the crease. It is not possible to wisely recommend treatment without having seen you. Is it a situation of adjacent muscles that become overactive once the neighboring muscles relax? This happens sometimes, but temporarily. Please don't rush in to surgery and see your doctor for explanations. Waiting for time to bring things back to normal may be the wisest.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Eyelid problem after Botox?

+1

It is impossible to assess your problem without a photo.  It is unlikely that Botox will cause permanet problem. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.TabanMD.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

It is difficult to determine what happened to your eyelids without seeing you in person.  Consult with an Oculoplastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon