Belotero for Under Eye Creases, Mild Tear Trough Groove and Upper Cheek Volume?

As Restylane may possibly produce the Tyndall Effect, and Juverderm supposedly "moves" around frequently after injections, and fat transfers may or may not take, as well as leave lumps (especially on thinner faces). --- Has early usage of Belotero, under the eyes and in mid face volume, (described also as creating a more youthful lower lid/cheek junction) shown significant success? Apparently, the formula now available in the US is "clear" and described as quite malleable. It sounds good...

Belotero Under Eyes

+2

Hi Lydia, We have been getting very nice results using Belotero for treatment of under eye creases. As you describe, the problem with some other fillers is that it is difficult to inject them superficially enough. It tends to be more malleable than other HA fillers, making it a great choice for under eye treatment.  As you stated, it also eliminate the possibility of Tyndall Effect, which is that blue color that shows through the skin. There are other options available for mid-face filling depending on the specific concerns.  Our patients have been very happy with their results using Belotero.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Belotero for under eyes and upper cheeks

+2

Belotero is an excellent choice for use under the eyes because it is soft and can be injected more superficially (if needed) unlike the other hyaluronic acid fillers.  While it could also be used in the upper cheeks, there are other fillers for that area that would last longer and would not be as likely to cause problems there because of the thicker skin of the cheek.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero under the eyes

+2

Belotero is an excellent option for under they eyes due to all the reasons you cited- it's malleable, soft, and cen be injected more superficially than other HA fillers like the ones you mentioned above. 

Ritu Saini, MD

Belotero around the eyes

+1
Belotero is a newer hyaluronic acids; however, it's one of my favorites as it is currently the thinnest filler on the market (Restylane Silk, which will make its debut in 2015, maybe even thinner). It works great in thin areas such as around the eyes and in lip lines. Around the eyes, we're getting more than a year in many patients. Around the lips, unfortunately, similar to the other hyaluronic acids, we are getting maybe 4 months.

Belotero, similar to Restylane and Juvederm, can still have a Tyndall effect and does still create some long term swelling in certain patients.  It is hard to predict who these patients will be but the incidence of both of these effecs seem to be less than Restylane and Juvederm.  Perlane has been used with great success around the eye because of its soft nature.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Belotero for tear trough groove

+1
Belotero is an excellent filler for the tear trough groove- for all the reasons you stated.  It is a little more malleable than some of the other hyaluronic acid fillers, and there is less risk of the Tyndall effect with Belotero (bluish discoloration when filler is placed too superficial).  These characteristics make it ideal for the tear trough groove where you may need more superficial placement of the filler. 
That being said, if too much is placed too superficially you can end up with swelling and "bagginess" under the eyes - so be careful when choosing your injector.

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Belotero to tear trough

+1
I've been seeing excellent results in my patients when using Belotero to treat the tear trough.  I generally still inject the product deeper, close to the orbital rim, which helps to avoid any bagginess, and further eliminates the chance of a Tyndall effect.  At this point, it has become the "product of choice" for me in this region of the face.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Great results with Belotero around the eyes using blunt tip cannulas

+1

I have been seeing excellent results with injecting Belotero under the eyes using blunt tip cannulas which are needles without a sharp tip. The blunt tip goes in with less pain and little or no bruising. The blunt tip simply pushes things under the skin out of the way as it goes in instead of cutting across tiny blood vessels like a sharp needle. This is important around the eyes where bruising can show. It is very important to have injections around the eye only performed by an experience surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery as fillers around the eye if performed incorrectly can have side effects that are serious.

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Belotero is a great little filler for under eyes and fine lines.

+1
Belotero is great for the fine lines around the face and is roughly $550/syringe. You don't get the lumpy/bumpy that juvederm sometimes gets. Lasts 4-6 months. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon