Will my Right Side Look More Even As I Heal or Will I Need Revision Surgery? (photo)

Will my right breast form a capsule and firm up eventually? This pic is 3 weeks following a capsulectomy on the right and an implant exchange on both breasts from saline 450 to silicone 600-both high profile. My ps says the right will firm up as it heals but im really nervous-they are so different. Also-they were much more similiar prior to surgery but I had cap con on my right breast. I apprec any advice I can get and should I just get a revision now?

Breast asymmetry

+1

After total capsulectomy, it is normal for the breast to look "looser" than the other breast.  After upsizing breast implants, it is normal for the breast to appear higher/tighter (especially if capsulectomy was not performed on that side), until the tissue relaxes.  You had very different procedures on each breast, and you will need to wait at least 3 months before knowing what the final result will look like. 

Revision Breast Surgery

+1

Without pre-op or "before" pictures, it is difficult to give you specific advice or comment on the results.  However, it does appear that you have a capsular contracture on your left.  My suggestion is capsule excision on your left, decrease the size of both implants and perform a mastopexy or lift procedure to maximize symmetry.  However, these are all procedures that you will need to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Right Breast with more Ptosis after Capsulectomy

+1

The left breast appears to be high, and if there is a hardened nature to it, you need capsulectomy on that side as well.  However, without preoperative pictures or exam, it is difficult to speculate.

Will I Need Revision Surgery?

+1

The asymmetry present is obvious. It would be most helpful to see pre-op photos in an attempt to make suggestions that are useful.To my eye, the right breast has the more satisfactory appearance, and the left side has the appearance of a capsular contracture. Usually three weeks would be a bit early to have one, but if the old capsule was left in place, it is more likely. 

I suspect you will choose to have a revision, but would urge a wait until 3 months or so at least from your recent surgery. If the left implant "drops" you may have a satisfactory outcome without the need for another surgery. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Three weeks is too early to make a pronouncement about the need for revision.

+1

The picture demonstrates significant asymmetry of the breasts three weeks after the operation. It looks as though a revision will be necessary but three weeks is a bit early to make final pronouncement.

Breast Revision Surgery and Capsular Contracture'

+1

It is hard to fully evaluate from a picture, but there is a chance you will need revision to the left breast to soften the overall shape and texture.  Proper evaluation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area may be very necessary to give you a suitable answer.

Good luck to you

Frank Rieger M.D.  Board Certified Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Will my Right Side Look More Even As I Heal or Will I Need Revision Surgery?

+1

Seems like you need a revision of the revision. seek IN PERSON evaluations ASAP from only boarded PSs in your city. 

Asymmetry following breast revision surgery

+1

You have a fair degree of early asymmetry.  A possible problem is that a capsulectomy was not done on each side.  It is possible that your plastic surgeon did not  think that it was necessary at the time.  I believe that your degree of asymmetry will improve over time but it may not become symmetric with the opposite side.  Give it more time then re-evaluate.  

Breast asymmetry after right capsulectomy

+1

To summarize, you had capsular contracture on the right side but were fairly even.  You switched from 450cc saline to 600 cc high profile (I assume silicone.)  your plastic surgeon performed a capsulectomy on the right side but did not on the left.  Now your right breast hangs down much more than the left.

Hopefully, you will develop a firm enough capsule on the right side that would tighten you up somewhat and give you more symmetry.  You would need to wait 4 to 6 months to see if that, indeed occurs.

I would have preferred performing a capsulectomy on the left side as as well so that both breasts start out at the same point and, hopefully, progress in a similar fashion

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

+1

I imagine that your breasts were very different before surgery.  It would be nice to see those photos. As for now, you ahve to give it more time to settle. If they are still uneven to your dissatisfaction, then you may need a lift.