If my Breast Diameter is 11.5 and Rib Cage Measurements is 31 and Form Top of Chest to Nipple 21 Cm? (photo)

Advice on Choosing Implant Type, for Petite 5'0 130? I'm getting my breast augmentation in July my doctor is in Alabama I'm traveling because I live in nj alone and my family is there to help me out after the surgery, I'm just curious my rib cage around is 31 inches, breast diameter 11.5 , from top middle of chest to nipple with both arms down is 21 cm roughly 20.7 will I be a candidate for a higher profile implant of 425cc I made rice sizer's and I love the size if takes me up to 32dd. I can't go in to see my surgeon I'm just trying to get a feel

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast Augmentation

+1

Your description and measurements are helpful, but the best advice will come from an exam with your plastic surgeon.  It would be helpful to see your surgeon soon so details about your specific breast size and shape can be determined in choosing the best procedure and implant for you.  Based on the photo you may require a lift and size determination may be affected by this.  The nature of your breast tissue can also dectate the volume ranges that are possible.  My suggestion is to travel to Alabama for a consult at least 2 weeks or more prior to the procedure.  This will give you time to review the doctor's plan and decide what is best for you with time to think it over.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Large implant to avoid lift?

+1

Dear Milataki,

From the photo that you have posted it appears that you have a bit of sagging to your breasts.  This would usually require a lift operation along with the implant placement unless the sagging is minimal and the implants are large.  A 425cc implant is a fairly large implant for you, so perhaps that was the goal here?  It is difficult for us from the limited photos that you have posted to make that determination.  Presumably, you have met with your surgeon and this discussion has taken place.  If not, perhaps it is one that needs to take place.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Choose the widest implant profile in the size you want that will fit your breast pocket diameter.

+1

Choosing too-high profile implants based on an erroneous breast base diameter measurement will leave you with high, round, unnatural-appearing ("Baywatch" coconuts) breasts with a wide cleavage.

425cc implants should add just under 2 full cup sizes to your present breast volume (using the volume guideline of about 250cc per cup size), and using the widest profile implants that will fit your breast anatomy will give you the nicest cleavage and a more natural look (that you can "amp up" with the right clothing or bra choices if you like the high round look).

But very few women really want high round hard breasts when nude or when hugging a friend or loved one! Croquet balls in your vest pocket is definitedly NOT a natural feel!

Talk with your doctor, provide goal photos, and try on implants in a bra before deciding. Also, your surgeon has done this before, so trust experience and judgement--that is a good part of what you are paying for, not just a "technician" who does what you have decided on your own. Stay in town long enough for your surgeon to deal with any post-op issues, or be prepared to return for follow-up visits or the rare revisionary surgery if needed. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D or DD” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Breast implant size

+1

It is not possible to give accurate online advice regarding best implant size and style. 
The best online advice I can give to women who are considering breast augmentation surgery is: 

1. Choose your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, board certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to understand and achieve the results you are looking for. Before and after photos should be made available either at the consultation or on the surgeon’s web site.  Remember, however, these will be chosen for good results.  Photos are marketing materials. 

Since you are traveling out of state it may be best to have one or two consultations scheduled and possibly send photos to your surgeon beforehand.

2. Have a complete discussion regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining what breast implant type, size and profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
Bringing photographs of women who have the look you are interested in and some that you don’t like as well are helpful.  I do not believe that photos are helpful in determining implant size.  Terms such as “natural” or “D cup” or “perky” etc. have different interpretations and are therefore not helpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies with the manufacturer and the chest size, which makes discussing desired cup size problematic. 

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his experience and judgment to choose the breast implant type, size and profile that will best meet your goals.  In my practice, this decision is made prior to surgery using a specially designed set of implant sizers so the patient has a very good idea of how they will look after surgery.  Most of all we want you to like the way you look after surgery and after surgery when you start buying bras you will find what size fits best.

4.  There are quite a few questions on this site dealing with a description of body size and shape and bra size, requesting assistance with implant size.  Everyone’s body is different and choosing a size implant is ideally based on the size and shape of the breast, and the tissue characteristics of each individual patient, as well as their desired goals.  Many women may not be able to achieve the results they want without using an implant that is simply too large which often results in problems many of which require additional surgery.

Thank you and best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant size

+1

I assume you have met, and consulted with your Plastic Surgeon.  Since you are out of state, consider sending your surgeon some photos, along with your questions by email.  Most Plastic Surgeon's are more than happy to answer a few questions if they have a chart on you, and you are scheduled for surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

My Breast Diameter is 11.5 and Rib Cage Measurements is 31

+1

If your diameter measurement is correct (it may not be if you did it yourself), then 425 cc HP implants is reasonably close to your breast width. However many patients measurements are one cm too wide (measurement is breast tissue from medial to lateral end, not skin from medial to lateral end.). If you are actually 10.5, I think that implant will be too big. 

I would suggest sending photos to your surgeon well before the day of surgery. From this one rather dark view, you are at least a borderline candidate for needing to consider a breast lift. This is not a decision you want to have to deal with on the morning of surgery. 

All the best.