My nose points down, and I have a bump. What kind of rhinoplasty do I need and what procedure do you recommend? (photos)

I am 18 years old. I have always hated how my nose looks mostly from the side, but from the front as well. It is rounded, it points down and I feel like I have a bit of a bump. About how much would be procedure cost? And how would you describe my nose/what kind of nose do I have? Thanks.

My nose points down, and I have a bump. What kind of rhinoplasty do I need and what procedure do you recommend?

+1
   I think that a rhinoplasty can achieve improvement in all of those things that bother you.

+1
Best to seek IN PERSON appointments with boarded surgeons. You need full rhinoplasty in my over internet opinion. 

Rhinoplasty

+1
The fee for rhinoplasty will vary from city to city and from doctor to doctor.  Best of luck and best to be seen in person. 

Rhinoplasty candidate for nasal hump and downturned nose

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure to refine and feminized your nose. In this nose and the  majority of the hump is cartilage which must be shaved down. The tip will also need to be lifted. It's also important to release the depressor septi ligament which pulls the tip down with animation. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will also be required. 

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a narrower, lifted, and more feminine nasal appearance.

+1
Based on your photos, you appear to have thick skin, with a wide droopy tip and a polybeak. Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may lead to an improved nasal appearance. You may benefit from consultinf several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

+1
kdell, it certainly does look like he would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  Every rhinoplasty I do is slightly different and is dependent upon the patient's structure, ethnic background and personal goals.  I tried to make every nose fit that particular face so it does not look like the patient had a rhinoplasty, it just looks good.I would suggest you visit several facial plastic specialists with at least 10 years of experience. visit there websites before hand and make sure you like they're photos.  I hope this helps, good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. The goal would be to narrow the bones, elevate the tip, possibly narrow the nostrils- and create a more feminine -more elegant nose. Your nose appears to be a combination of genetic sources-- possibly going back multiple generations. Also, the final result in rhinoplasty is dependent on many factors especially-- the skill of the surgeon and the thickness of the skin. To some degree we can compensate for the skin thickness but be cautioned that the final result may be compromised by this thickness-- although i believe you can achieve a much more elegant nose --in the hands of a skilled, and experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
The costs can not be determined and finalized  until a complete physical exam. But most practices offer Financing plans.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty should be a dialogue between patient and surgeon to determine what's best for you

+1
I can list a bunch of things that I might suggest correcting on your nose. However, we also take into account your overall facial aesthetic, ethnicity, height as well as cosmetic desires. Rhinoplasty is no longer about going to a surgeon and having them tell you what is best for you. I can suggest things, but only after a comprehensive discussion. I also find that computer imaging, especially Vectra 3-D is a great way to communicate potential changes.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD