Heparin alternatives after a BBL?

Dr.'s Apple Cider Vinegar also thins the blood, Can this be used in place of HEPARIN 40 MG? What are your thoughts on the Heparin? Is it advisable? Necessary? Worth is the risk?

Heparin is it needed

+1

If you do not have medical problems and you do not have a clotting problem heparin is not needed after the BBL.  The most important thing is to walk around every 1-2 hours after the surgery.  I have performed the BBL for 11 years and have never needed to prescribe any type of heparin afterwards.

Sincerely,

Dr Michael Gartner

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Blood Clot Prevention

+1
Heparin is used to reduce your risk of a blood clot after surgery.  Apple Cider Vinegar is not appropriate. Discuss this matter further with your surgeon.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Heparin

+1

This medication is used to prevent any blood clots from forming after surgery, how ever I believe that you should always always talk to your Doctor about any concerns that you might have. Many Dr's have different opinions and it might not be the right one for you.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Alternative to Heparin?

+1

Heparin is used to lower the risk of a potentially fatal complication after surgery. Follow your doctor's advice and if you have any questions about ti, give him/her a call. I am sure they will be more than happy to get on the phone with you or have you stop by the office to talk. 

Matthew Schulman, MD