Help on Swelling?

I looked great right after my tt (2 wks ago) but now I am more swollen and mis-shapen-also where I had lipo on this normal?

Swelling 2 Weeks after Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

Swelling at 2 weeks after tummy tuck and liposuction is the norm and should be much better in 3 months.  Make sure that you are wearing your compression garments as instructed.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Swelling Normal 2 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Swelling two weeks after a tummy tuck is normal and will resolve in time. You can expect some degree of swelling for several months after surgery. Be patient.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

3023 Hamaker Court
Fairfax, VA 22031-4631

Swelling following an abdominoplasty

It is certainly not unusual to have swelling following an abdominoplasty and liposuction.  This can be due to normal tissue edema or the development of a seroma or fluid collection under the skin.   If you get more swollen during the day and it has gone down in the morning then this is fairly normal.  If it is expanding and never goes away then it is time for a trip to your plastic surgeon for an evaluation   

3096 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Duluth, GA 30097

Post op swelling

It sounds like you have post op swelling, which is normal.  You should contact your surgeon for an examination to verify that you have swelling, and not a hematoma. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Tummy Tuck/ Liposuction Swelling

Hi Beth,

• Swelling in the areas of liposuction may take 6-12 weeks to settle.
  • Tummy tuck swelling gradually goes away over 3-6 months.
  • Increasing swelling should always be immediately reported to your PS. This could be caused by a hematoma (bleeding under the skin) but becomes less likely after 2 weeks. Seroma (collection of fluid under skin) can also occur several weeks after tummy tuck.
  • Mild swelling that occurs above the incision at the end of the day (but decreases during the day) may last for several months and is normal.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

801 North Weisgarber Road
Knoxville, TN 37909

Help on Swelling

Please consider attaching some photos. Without them it is quite unlikely that our responses will be of much validity. Swelling that develops this late is suggestive of a fluid collection (seroma), so a call to your surgeon seems appropriate. 

Thanks, best wishes. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004