Will I Be a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck with Severe Painful Scar Tissue Under the Skin on Top of the Muscle on the Right?

severe painful scar tissue under the skin on top of abdomen muscle can be felt if tummy is touched feels hard as a rock it is deep on the muscle and about 2 inches long on the right side under skin and fat next to c-section scar. It had developed shortly after having a c-section almost 10 years ago. I have been to several OB/GYN to talk about it all of them brushed it off and said some times that is just an outcome of having a c-section. I want to know if this will be a factor with getting a tummy tuck.

Abdominoplasty to fix scarring

+2

It sounds as though you either have some scarring under you c section scar or potentially a hernia. This is especially true if a portion of your wound was open after the c section. You would need an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. In most instances this can be addressed at the same time as an abdominoplasty.

Web reference: http://new-york-tummy-tuck.com/

Sounds to me like a

+2

Most likely your pain is from either scar tissue or Fat Necrosis. There is a chance that you may have a hernia in the area, but only direct inspection during surgery will tell for sure.

I think that a "Tummy Tuck" will fix both issues and if you do have a hernia, it can be fixed at the same time as well.

Web reference: http://www.doctornir.com

C-section pain and tummy tuck

+2

If I understand you  correctly, you are having pain and a hard mass that is in the area of, and associated with a C-section scar?  If this is correct, then I think that the tummy tuck will not only improve your appearance, it should eliminate the complication from the C-section.  Of course, check with your p.s. to determine your suitability for the surgery.

As a p.s.- many of my patients have had prior C-sections with bad or painful scars, and getting rid of these is an added bonus.

Web reference: http://www.txplasticsurgeon.com/gallery/tummytuck9.html

Painful Scar

+1

Please make sure your pain comes from the scar and is not a symptom of something else.

If the painful scar is low down on your stomach, it will be removed by the tummy tuck. Your pain is likely to go away!

Good luck with your tummy tuck.

Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Scar

+1

You should be examined by a plastic surgeon. You may have a hernia or just a painful scar. Both of these can be improved or repaired completely at the time of the abdominoplasty

Painful scar.

+1

In a TT the area you are discribing will be removed as part of the usual procedure.   The current sympotmatic scar is not a contraindication to TT, and should be improved by this surgery..    Of course, to obtain a meaningful answer to you question , you should see a surgeon certified by the Am Bd of Plastic Surgery.

Tummy Tuck and Removal of Painful Scar

+1

In almost every case, a tummy tuck can be used to removed the old C-section scar and surrounding area.    Having this painful scar removed may help with the sensation of pain in this area.  You should also be examined to determine that there is no hernia in this area.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

C-Section Scar Can Be Removed

+1

Thank you for your question.  Sometimes C-Section scars can become tethhered to muscle and can be quite painful.  The good news is that the scar is typically removed at the time of a tummy tuck.  The closure of the new scar is typically done in a layered fashion which should lead to better healing.   Discuss this matter further with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Multiple intrabdominal surgery may cause adherences and páin so nothing to see with TT/no tendria nada que ver el dolor interno

+1

these  multiple intrabadominal surgery  could cause adherences than produce pain deeply so a TT than is extrabdominal could not increase pain but also doesnt dissapair pain, so go ahed realize  your surgery whenever you want

este tipó de operacion TT es extrabadominal de manera  que no  curaria ni empeoraria  el dolor que tienes  que seguramente es por adherencias por las cirugias multiples  intrabdominales asi es que adelante

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

It would be very difficult to give you advice about your specific problem without seeing you in person. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Explain to him/her your specific concerns and see if an abdominoplasty or another surgery would be the best way address those concerns.

Web reference: http://premierplasticsurgeryarts.com/tummy-tucks-south-jersey/

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon