Cellulaze for a Smaller Amount of Cellulite Question?

I am 47-at my right weight (113 at 5'2")-I workout-eat clean-and I still have cellulite on my back-front-side of thighs (thank you Mom). My Q is: does cellulaze REALLY help? I hate to waste time and money but I would love to have even a 50 percent improvement. Or is it just a big scam? What results have you seen with patients similiar to me in your office? Is it like other procedures where the less you need it- the better it will work? Thank you!

Cellulaze

+2

I appreciate your skepticism about Cellulite treatment. I am also a skeptic. I would echo Dr. Stevens  thoughts about Cellulaze, It has been enthusiastically accepted by the plastic surgery community because of the rigorous nature of the clinical trials and is the only FDA approved device for cellulite. It takes care of the causes of cellulite which are structural in nature. It will give more dramatic results in those cases with less severe dimpling but helps those also. You should be able to expect 50% improvement.

So I purchased a system and have been pleased with it. I like it because it is a one time treatment and, while it requires incisions, it is well tolerated without general anesthesia. I think that it is the only definitive treatment for cellulite. You are an ideal weight and fitness. I have treated 20 somethings with cellulite because, even when they are thin, there is a genetic pre-disposition there and this provides the only hope of improvement. I say this having watched multiple devices promoted for treating cellulite that don't work. 

Cellulaze works

+1
Hello. You sound like a potentially good candidate for Cellulaze and it is without question the most effective treatment for cellulite. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. Cellulaze is not a cure or perfect treatment by any means. It will definitely improve on cellulite - mild cellulite is probably easier to improve upon than severe cellulite. Look at a lot of before and after photos to get a realistic idea of what the procedure can do for you. It is a one time treatment which is a plus but remember regardless of what anyone tells you there are no guarantees in results with cosmetic surgery. Results with Cellulaze will definitely depend on the skill and understanding of the technology of the physician so do your homework and find a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in Cellulaze in your area. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Does Cellulaze really work?

+1

I understand being skeptical. There are many treatments out there that have promised long lasting great results but do not deliver. Why trust Cellulaze? Well Cellulaze unlike Velashape or other non invasive treatments attacks the root cause of the cellulite formation. When bonds go at a straight angle they pull down on either side causing the dimpled look. We go in and break those bonds so they form more at an angle therefor getting rid of the dimpled look. Our patients are pleased. The times we hear patients not happy with the outcome is because they have previously been treated with liposuction in the same area and its scarring not cellulite . We are careful to examine the area so that we can differentiate the two if you have had previous lipo in the same area. So far our patients are thrilled with the outcome. 

Frederick Lester, MD

Cellulaze works for cellulite

+1

If your goals are only 50% improvement, Cellulaze should easily achieve your goals.  If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Cellulaze is effective

+1

I tell my patients Cellulaze will likely improve your cellulite by 50-80 percent.It isan FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze worth it?

+1

I can tell you that with about a years experience with the Cellulaze after FDA release I have found it to be very effective.  A realistic outcome only comes with a face to face consultatation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who has done numerous cases of Cellulaze.  There has been alot of hype before but this is the real deal.

Thomas P. McHugh, MD

Cellulaze for different size areas

+1

Cellulaze will be effective on both a small and large area. If you have areas that are lumpy or dimpling that will not respond to diet and exercise, then you’re a candidate for Cellulaze.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Is Cellulaze worth it

+1

Your skepticism is completely understandable given the lack luster treatments that have been available in the past for cellulite but Cellulaze really does work. We can't and won't promise smooth, cellulite free skin once it's done but we can say we've seen great improvement with our patients and they have been very pleased.  To know for certain whether you are a good candidate or not you should have a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that has experience with Cellulaze.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Cellulaze Really Works

+1

I understand your skepticism regarding cellulite treatment, because most of the past treatments for cellulite have been very limited in their results and required multiple treatments to be effective.  I have found Cellulaze to be a true exception, because it attacks cellulite at its core. It not only helps to reduce the fat, but it also breaks up the fibrous bands under the skin and helps to create a smoother surface.  So far, my patients have been very happy with the results.  As you know, cellulite is not only a problem for women who are heavy, it is a problem for about 85% of women.  It sounds like you would be an excellent candidate for Cellulaze.  We have seen excellent results for women with similar physiques in our practice.  It is actually the most effective for moderate cellulite.  I hope this helps. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Does Cellulaze REALLY help?

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is very understandable to be cautious and skeptical of the benefits of a new technology, especially one that claims to improve the appearance of cellulite.  It seems that there are several treatment options available that claim to improve the appearance of cellulite (gels, creams, massage, endermologie, ultrasound, radiofrequency, etc.).  These treatment options require several treatments to be performed and result in a short term improvement in the appearance of cellulite.  The reason these other treatment options failed to provide a long term result is because they did not correct the underlying anatomic problems.  The Cellulaze side-firing laser system attacks the three anatomical components that cause the appearance of cellulite (fibrous bands, fat bulges and thin skin).  The proof of the cellulite improvement is found in the FDA approved study.  The patients in this study are over 3 years out from their procedures and the photos show persistent improvement.  I was very excited to see the long term results because it means I finally have a way to help improve a condition for my patients that I previously had no option for.  I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

William J. Vinyard, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon