I'm Nit Really Seeing Any Majorly Noticeable Results Yet from Ipl After 8 Sessions, Will I Need Many More Sessions?

I'm having my bikini area, backs of thighs and nipples done and thought all the hair would be gone after 8 sessions, usually taken 4 or 5 weeks apart. I'm getting desperate now.

I'm Not Really Seeing Any Majorly Noticeable Results Yet from Ipl After 8 Sessions, Will I Need Many More Sessions?

+1

I agree, you should be seeing a significant difference after 8 sessions of IPL, you may need the settings on the laser to be adjusted or require a laser with higher energy to kill the hair follicle. It’s best you consult with your provider

Laser Hair Removal

+1

Although the IPL is generally an excellent choice for hair removal, there are certain conditions that may limit its effectiveness. To get rid of unwanted hair with lasers or IPL requires a high enough energy to kill the hair follicle. If you are not seeing a response after 8 treatments it is time to change. You may need a different device or a different operator. I would advise you to see a dermatologist who specializes in lasers.

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon