Nipples Uneven 4 Weeks Post Op Breast Lift? (photo)

I had a breast lift 4 weeks ago and my nipples look off. I am disappointed because they look lopsided... Before I had this procedure done I was a small b and my left nipple was slightly up higher than the right one. I had this procedure done because I wanted to look better in a bathing suit and in bra less dresses. Now, it seems the opposite is the case... Seems like the surgeon brought my right nipple up too high because they are still off. I am regretting this at this point. What can be done?

Nipples uneven after breast lift

+2

Your nipples look a little uneven right now but I recommend you to wait at least to 12 weeks after surgery to see final results and you have to be patient because swelling can be the reason why your breasts have different shapes. Best wishes

Breast asymmetry following breast lift can be well corrected.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are entirely right that one nipple is higher than the other.  The bad news is that this will not improve by itself.  The good news is that a relatively simple revision in a few months will correct this.

2)  The way to prevent this from happening again is to sit the patient upright before the end of the operation (you are still under anesthesia, of course), because then the surgeon can see for sure that there is excellent symmetry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Uneven nipples 4 weeks post-op breast lift

+1

Thanks for your photo.  The key to good post-operative recovery is to have patience.  Breast tissue will progressively change in shape, contour and volume -  its not a static process.  Visit your plastic surgeon who will be able to discuss this in detail with you.  Continue to follow your post-operative instructions and don't lose heart - its still too early to tell.  Best of luck!

Vladimir Milovic, MD, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Need to Settle

+1

It appears that the nipples are at different heights because the breasts have different shapes.  There is more breast below the areola on the left breast.  I would wait a full three months before making any concrete judgements.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Nipples uneven at 4 weeks

+1

At 4 weeks it is a bit early. Some swelling may affect projection and nipple position. Give it time to settle they can almost always be adjusted.

Nipples Uneven 4 Weeks Post Op Breast Lift?

+1

The first thing that should be done is to wait a few months for the implants to settle. Under the muscle implants will be compressed and distorted some by the pectoral muscles until they accommodate themselves to the new implants, and this usually takes up to 3 months, sometimes a bit longer. Many patients who wind up with nice even breasts look uneven at one month. 

I am not sure if this photo was taken in a mirror-the nipple and areola that appears slightly higher seems to be on the left breast. A pre-op photo would be helpful in any evaluation of the current status. 

Patience. All the best.