Nipples Are Stuck 4 Days Post Male Breast Reduction? (photo)

I had a male breast reduction 4 days ago with liposuction and gland removal. My nipples are stuck and the image is very concerning. My surgeon said simply massage the breast and nipple and they will release themselves. If this is correct please advise any credible methods of manually trying to free the nipple at this stage. Or if not the correct solution please offer your advise

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

You should see an experienced surgeon performing gynecomastia surgery.

+1

You should be examined soon by a gynecomastia surgeon.This is the best advise I can give you at this stage,

Web reference: http://www.cosmetic-md.com/gyhecomastia

Concerns after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the stressful  experience after surgery to correct gynecomastia.. Based on the photograph you have provided, it may very well may be that in person consultation (2nd opinion) will be helpful to you in the future. My concern, is that you may have had an over resection of tissue and that revisionary surgery may become necessary.

Assuming you are working with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon, I would suggest continued follow-up. Again, a 2nd opinion may become necessary/helpful down the line.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_gynecomastia.htm

4 Days Post Male Breast Reduction

+1

It is difficult to see too much in the photo you attached, but there is enough detail to understand your dissatisfaction. At this point, follow up with your surgeon is your best bet. As the swelling resolves there may be some improvement.  Don't think about revision surgery for a few months--it will be difficult to determine the areas of excess and deficiency with all the swelling.

If your surgeon cannot make a satisfactory plan with you, a second opinion is in order.

Nipples Are Stuck 4 Days Post Male Breast Reduction?

+1

Posted photo has TOO much shadowing to see the deformity. But if you are unhappy best to have a discussion with your chosen operative surgeon. If still unsatisfied obtain in person second opinions. You need a "game plan"! 

Gynecomastia

+1

First you are still swallen. Inspite of that you seem to have a poor result.

You need to have a second opinion. There is no massage that can correct over-resection of breast tissue under the nipple, except further procedures in the future.It is too early to intervene now.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.