Nipples Still Puffy After Gynecomastia Surgery?

I had surgery three months ago the nipple reduced in size but the problem is 1 side of my nipple before the surgery was bigger than the other. So after the surgery the right nipple is still bigger than the left nipple. The nipple still hurts like it did before the surgery. The nipple tends to get hard on some areas and when I press my chest flat it seems to feel soft and really hollow.

Puffy Nipples after surgery.

+1

Three month after gynecomastia surgery is quite awhile.  My assumption is that you may have additional tissue.  The sides before and after surgery are, in general, different for many reasons.  Sometimes the scar tissue develops differently.  Steroid injection may help.  Compare the before and after pics.  We sometimes forget what we started with and may add a little clarity. But discuss with your doc as the swelling continues to resolve.

Nipple asymmetry

+1

Nipple as well as chest asymmetry is normal before as well as after surgery for gynecomastia.  If you have concerns, it is best to speak to your surgeon.

Gynecomastia and puffy areolas: possible solutions

+1

3 months after surgery the cosmetic result of your gynecomastia correction is still settling; however should the problem persist once the area operated on is no longer sore or tender to touch, contacting your surgeon would be the most appropriate step.

Possible solutions to your problem vary from further tissue reduction to increase the flatness of the chest, to peri-areola reduction to improve the symmetry and tighten the skin. However the second solution would imply a circular scar around the areola.

Patients with hairy chests are usually a good candidate for this surgical solution as the scar is normally minimally visible.

Andrea Marando

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Areola Still Puffy after Gynecomastia Surgery

+1

Your surgeon may be the best person to evaluate things since he/she knows your history the best but if you still have puffiness after surgery, you may want to consider more tissue removal to assist with the puffiness.  The areola asymmetry can also be addressed with an areola reduction but that does involve an incision around the areola so you will have to decide if having a scar would be Ok for you.

I will be happy to look at photos and give you my best advice if you would like to send them to me.