Will my Nipples Return to Normal Sensation if I Have Breast Implants Removed?

I had breast implants 1 1/2 weeks ago. Both breasts feel very painful to touch, particuliarly on the nipples. I'm sure that I want the implants removed. Can I do it this soon? Will my nipples ever stop hurting when I touch them and will my skin bounce back if I get them explanted very soon?

Sensitivity and implants

+1

Usually sensation improves as the swelling from surgery subsides.  If you have your new implants removed because you have changed your  mind, there is no guarantee that the sensation will go back to normal, but it may.

Breast Implant Removal

+1

It is too early for you to make such a decisive decision so soon after your breast augmentation.  Nipple hypersensitivity is very common after breast augmentation and may last several weeks.  Nevertheless, it will definitely improve.  Regarding your explantation, it is important to know what your imaplnt size is.  If it is too large, then it may result in sagging after implant removal.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Nipple hypersensitivity

+1

It is not unusual to have nipple hypersensitivity after breast augmentation surgery. You surgeon can teach you how to desensitize them and that hypersensitivity will go away.

This may take 1-2 months.

Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Discuss the explantation with your plastic surgeon. You are only one and a half weeks after surgery. You may need time to get used to your new body image.

Breast Implant Removal will NOT give you the breasts you had before surgery

+1

A year and half is a long time. During this period your breasts were stretched out and more skin was produced as well as some breast tissue was changed and thinned out. Removing your breasts implants is unlikely to give you the breasts you had before surgery and more likely to result in saggier, less full breasts. Removal of the implants may result in improvement of the painful sensation but that too is far from certain. Such painful sensation are very rare with breast augmentation and may not be improved by removal of the implants.