Nipples Too Low? I Feel Uneven.

2 wks 2 days post op... Early I know. Peri lift sub muscular 286cc Gel implants. I had very little ptosis prior to surgery. I just feel like one is larger than the other, uneven, and the nipples are a little low. I'm kind of regretting doing the surgery... Opinions?

Nipples 2 Low?

+2

Every surgery has swelling. A breast augmentation has swelling at the top from the pectoral muscle, there is swelling to the breast tissue that "sinks" to the bottom of the breast giving the appearance of hanging over the implant, there is swelling to the skin itself that pushes the implant up and there is fluid around the implant that can also push the implant up. So you sometimes look funny for a couple months until the swelling goes down. I usually say 3 months until things start looking like the final result.

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision Options

+2

Hello. After only two weeks it is difficult to tell how your breast implants will turn out. Implants change dramatically during first five months of recovery, and take up to nine to completely settle. If you are still unhappy with the results after the full recovery you should discuss possible options with your doctor.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

2 weeks post op - uneven augmentation

+1

It is very early to judge the final result. The breasts can swell unevenly. I would recommend waiting at the very least 3 months when most of the swelling is gone. Sometimes it can take longer for them to completely settle. At that time if you are still unhappy, your plastic surgeon can go over all of your options.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD

Results 2 weeks after breast surgery?

+1

Since your surgery was just two weeks ago, it's way too soon to make any decisions about your final result. At this point, your body is still healing and you still have swelling. Follow up with your plastic surgeon and give your body time to heal.

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Too early to make any decisions

+1

As you can see from all the answers that all plastic surgeons agree that you are jumping the gun a little too early!  I would suggest to stop analyzing the way things look right now, stop looking at the results in the mirror, and be patient.  Things will look 100% different every week!  Give it at least 3-6 months before you start worrying about the results. And make sure to follow up with your doctor regularly.

Darshan Shah, MD
Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Nipples Too Low? I Feel Uneven.

+1

You should take great comfort that your feelings are ones I hear often from my primary breast augmentation patients. The large majority of surgeons today place implants under the muscle rather than above the muscle. For that reason your implants will ride high on the chest wall for 2-3 months before they begin to drop. As the muscle and skin begins to stretch over time the implants lower into a very natural position and the nipples will then rest in continuity with the peak of the breast mound. It is normal to have some swelling in one breast more than the other. Also, I always joke with my patients that no two snow flakes are the same. Truly this applies to breast surgery. It is possible that prior to surgery you had some subtle asymmetry between the two breasts and when you have a breast augmentation those differences are magnified. Give it 3 months, as I am sure your surgeon did a great job and you will find your emotions calming down. It is actually quite normal for patients to feel remorse early on as you are. Hang in there and be up front with your surgeon!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Nipples Too Low?

+1

16 days after surgery is not a great time to evaluate the ultimate outcome of your surgery. Implants under the muscle often bulge at the top, often asymmetrically, and make the nipples and areolae look lower than they actually are. 

You have probably received instructions on massage, which you should begin according to the schedule suggested by your surgeon. 

The overwhelming majority of patients in your situation wind up with a pleasing shape and size, and good symmetry by three months.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Nipples too low

+1

I agree...too early to judge, however, you may have upper breast swelling from your implants under the muscle that may improve faster by wearing a stabilizer band...discuss this with your surgeon.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks after surgery your body is still swollen and final results cannot be visible

+1
At this stage it is too early to make any conclusions.  I realize you must be anxious but you need to be patient and wait a little.  Your results will continue to change during the first three months.  After three months please submit pictures to allow us to give you a better feedback.

Martin Jugenburg, MD