Low Nipples Facing South? (photo)

Ever since my breasts started to develop when i was a teenager. i have noticed that my nipples are very low and faces the ground. My breasts are more full above the nipple and not much below the nipple. It is getting worse with age even though i am currently 26 yrs old and never had children. Is there anything that can be done for this? I have a natural d cup so i am not looking for implants. I have attached a picture i found on google of someone else that is very close to how my breasts look

Breast Lift If Happy With The Size

+1

If you are happy with the breast volume or size, then droopy or sagging breasts could be improved with a breast lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast augmentation Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lift Raises

+1

Looking at your photo, it appears that a breast lift would be the treatment of choice.  The purpose is to raise the nipple so that it is not located at the bottom of your breast.  Rather, the nipple areolar complex is centralized and lifted to a higher position.  So to answer your question, there is something that can be done for your condition, it's a relatively common issue amongst women who are experiencing low nipple location of all ages!!  Good luck. 

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift before childbirth (grade 2 ptosis)

+1

Thanks for the question Krissy. The breast in the photo you included meets all requirements for a grade 2 ptosis classification.  If your nipple/areola points any more south than the breast in the photo, then that would constitute grade 3 ptosis. 

That said, if properly elevated nipples are all that you desire, then a straight forward, vertical (lollipop) mastopexy (breast lift) is likely all that's needed to achieve a pleasing result.

Do keep in mind though that any type of mastopexy without implants will not only reduce the overall volume/size of your breasts - especially in the upper pole - but in many cases also create a small hollow within the superior portion of the breast that diminishes the appearance of cleavage.

So if your goal is to maintain your current ‘D-cup’ breast size size plus add a little bit of fullness in the upper pole (cleavage), then small, submuscular implants are also needed to achieve a satisfying result. *Click 'web reference' link below to see how adding a small implant helps fill out the upper pole of breasts that are similar to your own*  

Of course, all of this is conjecture since the photo you included features someone else’s breast. So my advice to you at this point is to setup consultations with 2 or 3 board certified plastic surgeons who do a lot of breast work and see what they say.

William F. DeLuca Jr, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Facing south

+1

You have a very normal appearance for large breasts that are full. You could benefit from a breast lift but the tradeoff is scars.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast lift before childbirth?

+1

Dear Kiss,

The solution to your current breast condition is breast lift surgery, as you have heard.  The issue in my opinion is whether or not you plan on having children.  Aside from the fact that any breast surgery may affect the ability to breast feed, the changes that occur in the post partum (following birth) breast may recreate your current ptotic condition.  If you are planning to have children, it may be in your better interest to defer the breast lift until childbearing is finished.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Nipples Facing South

+1

You are experiencing what we call breast ptosis or drooping of the breasts. If you only want the breast to be higher and the nipple higher a breast lift is all that you need. If you would like more fullness over the upper pole of the breast a breast augmentation and lift would be in order. Either way to lift the breast you will need incisions on the breast and you have to be ok with scars. Pregnancy will change your breasts so if you would like to wait until after having children you will have the best result. You can do it prior to childbearing as long as you realize you might need a revision down the road.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast ptosis

+1

The photo you have included demonstrates breast ptosis, where the nipple is located below the level of the inframammary fold.  As you have sufficient breast volume, the treatment would be a mastopexy (breast lift).  The cosmetic "trade off" would be the scarring required on the front of the breast to reposition the nipple/areolar complex.  I would recommend consulting with board-certified plastic surgeons, who can examine you, discuss your goals, and review the risks and benefits involved.  Good luck.

Craig S. Rock, MD

Breast ptosis

+1

Your photo reveals breast ptosis. A breast lift with or without an implant would be required to correct it.  See a board certified Plastic Surgeon for consult.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Lift needed

+1

I would recommend breast lifts in your situation. The exact procedure would be discussed at your consultation with a board cerified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Correcting low nipple positioning.

+1

Based on your description and photo, you appear to need a breast lift without any augmentation or implants.  In order for you to get a treatment plan, you will need an in-person consultation with a local Board certified plastic surgeon.  Be sure to review patient photos, ask all the questions you want,  and get a good idea about his/her experience in this problem. Best of luck to you.  

Allan J. Parungao, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon