What if It is Only One Nipple?

I have gynocomastia in only one nipple and I've had it for a long time and it won't go away.

One-Sided Gynecomastia

+2

Although less common, one-sided gynecomastia can occur. The remedy for it is the same as if it were bilateral: gynecomastia correction surgery. Here at The Plastic Surgery Clinic we perform approximately 100 gynecomastia correction procedures per year using a new technique (that I pioneered) that utilizes Power Assisted Liposuction which avoids scarring around the nipple. It is important to speak with a qualified surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Unilateral Gynecomastia

+1

I would recommend that you visit with a well experienced plastic surgeon to discuss your situation and see what recommendations will be made after a physical examination.

Unilateral Gynecomaastia

+1

Unilateral gynecomastia is less common that gynecomastia that affects both breast, however, it in not rare.  Although, breast cancer is much more rare in men than women, it can't be ruled out.  I would suggest you have the breast tissue that is bothering you removed and examined by a pathologist.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral gynecomastia

+1

Gynecomastia in one breast is uncommon but can occur.  My recommendation would be for you to be worked up.  This might involve an endocrinologic consultation, a mammogram and potentially a biopsy to rule out breast cancer.  If you have been on thyroid or hormonal medication, this could induce development of gynecomastia as well.  Definitely get worked up as soon as possible.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Unilateral Gynecomastia Needs Attention

+1

Although it can occur, unilateral gynecomastia is unusual.  Male breast cancer is also unusual but can occur and tends to be very aggressive.  You definitely should see a plastic or general surgeon for further evaluation.

John Whitt, MD