Can You Have Nipple Surgery Without Removing the Breast Implants?

I got over the muscle saline Breast implants 7 years ago and after I got it noticed that my nipples are uneven, looked at before pics and they have always been uneven just not noticeable now sometimes even when I wear a bra you can tell that one nipple is lower than the other. Can this be corrected with surgery without removing my implants?

Adjustment of Nipple/Areola Position?

+1

Yes, it is possible to adjust the positions of the nipple/areola complexes without manipulation of the breast implants. This can be done under local anesthesia in most cases.

Nipple can be adjusted without removing breast implant

+1

If the problem is in the skin only, not a malpositioned implant, then a simple skin only nipple adjustment procedure can usually accomplish your goal.  As mentioned by others, this can be performed under local if you desire.

David Shuter, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Nipple surgery without removing Breast Implants possible

+1

Yes, you can have malpositioned areolae corrected with without removing the breast implants that you already have. In fact this can be done under local anesthesia. Regards.

Nipple surgery and breast implants

+1

Breast augmentation always makes those minor asymmetries in the breast more noticeable.  Yes, you could have a minor procedure on the breasts to even out the height of the nipples, and the implants should not require removal at that time.  This really depends on how much of a difference there is between the breasts, however, and this is something that would be determined during a consultation.  Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Nipples vs breast implants

+1

In a word yes. To do a Mastopexy , the implants can be left alone and not even visualized during the operation. The Mastopexy frequently is just a skin procedure but if some breast tissue is removed the implants are frequently left untouched. This all assumes that the implants are in a good position to start with.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Correcting asymmetrical nipples

+1

Breast implants commonly augment the breasts AND the almost always present asymmetry as you have found out. Nipple position can be made more symmetric with a breast Lift. A Breast Lift can be done without removing the implants.