Repeating Nipple Surgery After Having Children?

I have huge areolas which are causing my breasts to sag. I am not sure if I want to have children and I know that if I do, it will have negative effect on my breast. But I was wondering, can nipple surgery be repeated again after I am done having children?

Breast Lifting Candidate?

+1

It sounds like you have breast ptosis (sagging) and that breast lifting may be indicated. The type of surgery that may help you will depend on your physical examination. Seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Yes, it is possible that further breast lifting and/or other types of breast surgery may be necessary after pregnancy.

Nipple surgery after pregnancy

+1

There are many options for rejuvenating the breast after a pregnancy. Be sure that you are evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in breast surgery. In many patients, the changes of the nipple and the areola are not the only changes that their bodies have undergone after pregnancy. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will be able to determine if you will best be served by areola reduction alone or by a breast lift.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Repeat breast surgery OK after having children

+1

Hi, you can certainly undergo repeat surgery of your breasts, if necessary, after having children. However, pregnancy and breastfeeding will not necessarily change the results of your surgery significantly. Every patient's tissues are different, and it's difficult to anticipate any potential changes. So, if you really desire to have your breast surgery now, you should do it. Good luck!

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Yes, breast surgery can be carefully repeated/revised

+1

You need to be seen and evaluated by a plastic surgeon for the best opinion but a widened areola in and of itself won't make your breasts saggy. The areola can be made smaller with surgery and a modest amount of breast lift can be obtained to depending on your anatomy. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeron specifically children and future changes.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS