Nipple stitches from breast lift. Will these even out with time? (Photo)

Hi, I am 8 days post op and one nipple is smoothing out and getting back to normal and the other seems to not be changing. Will these even out with time?

Give Your Concerns More Time

+2
Good question. It appears that this is normal for 1 week post-op. The bunching of the skin should soften over time and can even take up to a few months to resolve. Both breasts will not heal at the same rate, so I would suggest that you just give it time. Good luck for your continued recovery.

Appearance of nipple stitches after breast augmentation and lift

+2
Based on your photograph your result looks quite good this early after combination breast lift and augmentation.

What I see in your photograph is a "heaping up" of the nipple areola around the suture line on the right breast.  This is not unusual and will soft and and flatten over the next several weeks.  This technique is often done to try to prevent widening or spreading of the incision.  Please, always bring your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Healing after Breast Augmentation

+2
Thank you for your inquiry about healing after breast augmentation.

You recently had your surgery.  You are still swollen and things take time to heal and one side may heal faster than the other.  If you are having serious concerns you should contact your plastic surgeon's office for advice.  Best Wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Nipples

+2
In general, each breast will heal at their own rate.  You are only 1 week post op. It can take up to 3 months for all the soft tissue to settle.

Alberto Aviles, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon