Nipple Scar Has a Strange Fold. Will It Scar Badly? (photo)

Hi, I'm 14 days post revision for cc.The nipple tape was starting to peel so I removed it. On the left nipple, the skin was folded underneath and has a wrinkle between the actual incision and nipple (which I'd hoped time would flatten out, but it's been 1 1/2 days and hasn't yet). Looked as though the tape was pulled too tight, but could it be that the end knot has distorted the scar and surrounding skin? Will it scar badly? Also, do they look healthy and should I retape them?

+1

Again ONLY 14 days from operation. Allow 3 months healing before considering ANY possible revision surgery! 

Nipple scar after surgery

+1

Right now the swelling impacts the results and indentation that you see. Give it time to heal and then re-evaluate it.

Scar should improve with time

+1

Your nipples look healthy and the scar looks within the normal range following your type of surgery.  I would expect it to settle down nicely into a good scar with time.  It is too early to tell at this stage.  Taping and massage tend to help.

You should ask your surgeon at your postoperative appointment if you have any other questions.

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Areolar scar

+1

It is too early to be concerned and all you may be seeing is the deformity cause by dissolvable sutures.  Give it time.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

In the short-term periareolar incisions can look very unusual after breast augmentation.

+1

Any incision for breast augmentation almost always results long-term in acceptable result. The periareolar incision can look extremely unusual for several weeks. However after several months it becomes almost invisible.

Nipple Scar Has a Strange Fold. Will It Scar Badly?

+1

Give it time (months, not hours). Chances are this will look much less troublesome as healing progresses. If problematic at 6 months, then think about options with your surgeons As to taping, I will pass that question to your surgeon. 

All the best.