No Nipple Reduction or Lift?

I have small 34b slightly tuberous breasts. My PS thinks the best idea would be to release the constricted tissue with internal incisions and usr under the muscle silicone implants. I am very worried my nipples will be huge! Does it look like I need a lift or nipple reduction as well?

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+2

Hi Sochia,

In order to give you an honest opinion, I would recommend you submit your photos to RealSelf.  It is impossible to comment on your situation without photos.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

No Nipple Reduction or Lift?

+2

It sounds from your posting that you may have tried to post some photos, but none are present, making it not possible to answer your primary question. I can say that if your areolas are currently large, they will probably be larger with implants, and that a breast lift would be the suitable management.

Please consider reposting with photos.  All the best,

No Nipple Reduction or Lift?

+1

You have not posted any photographs so I do not think I can comment on your posting. The recommendation proposed by your plastic surgeon sounds valid but without photos there is no basis for evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drvitenas.com/breast-lift.html

Lift

+1

Wthout proper photos and a physical examination this is difficult to answer. You should do well with a combination of implants that are properly sized and some internal adjustments

Tuberous Breasts and Breast Augmentation with Lift

+1

Tuberous breasts usually require freeing of tissue that is constricted and releasing the IMF.  If the breasts are small, implants can be used.  If there is just concern about areolar widening or herniation, a circumareolar reduction and or lift can be used.  For greater levels of droop a full breast lift may be necessary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tuberous Breasts and Areola Size

+1

Without photos, it's difficult to comment specifically on your situation. Tuberous or constricted breasts are often treated as you described, but may also benefit from a circumareolar mastopexy of some type in addition. The areolas are frequently somewhat dilated (wide) and "puffy" already in patients with tuberous breasts, a problem that can become worse with augmentation. The mastopexy can limit the areola size and "flatten" the tuberous breast into a more natural, rounded appearance, also raising the nipple slightly if needed.

Breast implant tuberous breast

+1

Dear Sochia,

Without photographs we cannot provide any insight. Could you post some so we may more accurately comment?

Web reference: Http://Www.esanamedspa.com

New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Areola reduction?

+1

You did not submit a photo, however, based on your description, it does sound like you have tuberous breasts.  If that is the case then I would agree with your doctor's plan of treatment.  I  also agree with you, however.  Once you add those implants and open that constricted tissue then your areolae may enlarge.  That is not uncommon with tuberous breasts.  With that in mind, I might suggest a peri-areolar procedure to maintain the "normal" diameter of your areolae.

No Nipple Reduction or Lift

+1

Although no photographs are posted I think that your plastic surgeon is trying to do the right thing for your breasts.  If you post your photographs a more informed evaluation can be performed.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts and nipples

+1

Without seeing photos it is impossible for me to tell you whether or not your nipples will become larger. I assume you mean areolas.