How Much Does Nipple Reduction Cost in OC, CA? (photo)

I'm Japanese, 43, in great health, have to prospect of ever breastfeeding again and am not concerned with preserving nipple sensation. Local anesthesia is adequate. I'd like the length and width reduced. How much does nipple reduction cost in OC, CA?

Nipple Reduction Orange County, CA

+1

Nipple Reduction Cost determinants
Nipple reduction prices vary greatly because the s a wide range of due to a number of variables including differing techniques that can be performed. My recommendation is to first find a few qualified surgeon  board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, that you trust, then compare prices between them. In our office it is approximately $1,500. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? (doctor's office is least expensive)

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN? (local anesthesia will save you money)

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how much will be removed, one or both sides, etc.

Nipple Reduction?

+1

Fortunately, nipple reduction is an  excellent procedure for the patient suffering from prominent  nipples. This procedure can reduce the height and width of the nipple, usually preserving sensation. It can be done under local anesthesia or in combination with other procedures (under general anesthesia).
I like to use the “sleeve” technique to reduce the height of a woman's nipple. This procedure leaves the core of the nipple intact preserving nerves and lactiferous ducts.  The  suture line  generally heals  very nicely in this area. The width of the nipple can be reduced by removing a triangular segment from the tip area.

The cost of this procedure in our office approximately 1500-2000.

Nipple reduction

+1

A nipple reduction can be done various ways. I can do this under local anesthesia in the office if it is not in conjunction with another breast surgery. Our total charges are about $2400. We can arrange for you to talk with some patients that have had this done.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Nipple Reduction Cost in OC, CA?

+1

Thanks for posting the series of photos. The nipple projection can be reduced under a simple local anesthesia in less than an hour of surgery. Fees in different areas of the country are difficult to project. But my bet is a range would be low end $800 to $2,000 on the high end.