Nipple Covers/Sport Bras After Capsulectomy?

I will be getting a Capsulectomy done on one breast this summer. I believe a Grade 3 Contracture is the rating. I will have to fly to another state and stay there for a few weeks. I'm told I cannot wear a bra for a month but I'm wondering if I can wear silicone nipple covers (no adhesive, hypoallergenic) if and when I visit a friend/s for casual outings. What about sport bras? Is it damaging if they're too tight? How do I know when it's too tight? Any tips & suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Bras after Breast Capsulectomy

+1

I am a little confused by your question. I assume that you are having the breast implant replaced. If this is the case, I always have my patients switch out of the postoperative wrap and into a soft but tight sports bra on the second day postoperatively. This helps keep the implant in proper position and improves the ultimate shape of the breast. Since the nipple is frequently sensitive and remains erect after surgery for a while. I also place a dressing over the areolae with a hole cut out for the nipple. The nipple covers can do this and would probably be a good idea. Discuss your needs and questions with your surgeon and find out exactly why you have been told what you have.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after capsule tommy

+1

Recovery after capsule tommy is usually pretty easy your time frame should not be a problem at all . As far as your other questions, every surgeon has different routines they recommend following surgery. I let patients wear a sports bra after a few days if they wish, but no bra with an underwire for about a month. I am not familiar with the silicone nipple covers you mention. Show them to your surgeon and follow their directions as far as what you can and cannot do while recovering.

Instructions after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question. However, you may find that you will be better off addressing specific postoperative care instruction/garments… with your chosen plastic surgeon. Otherwise, you will find that you will receive a variety of different opinions that can only be confusing (and may be contrary to what your plastic surgeon is going to recommend).

Best wishes for a successful operation and long-term outcome.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastRevision.htm