Nipple Areola Color Lightening

I am a 26 year old female. I have noticed that over the past couple of months my right nipple color has been getting lighter and smoother (less granules on it). It started from the medial side and slowly the color of the nipple got lighter so about half the nipple areola (medial side) is light while the other half is dark...but day by day it is getting lighter too. While the left side areola is still normal color but a little portion (medial side again) is gotten lighter. Is this normal?

Nipple Areola Color Lightening

+1

Seek medical attention. Sounds like vitiligo, or lightening of areas of the skin. Very unusual to occur only on the nipple/areolar complex. From MIAMI, Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091