Nipple/Areola Changed Colors After Gynecomastia Surgery?

I had Gynecomastia Surgery 4 day ago and I noticed today that part of my right nipple has a purplish/blackish color on it now. Is this normal?

Nipple/Areola Changed Colors After Gynecomastia Surgery

Thanks for the post and photo. At 4 days you are very early in the recovery. It is not uncommon for there to be color changes or bruising in the early period. The only possible issue could be a blood supply one and that is very unusual in the approach that you had. If the nipple or areola continues to become black however you should seek attention from your plastic surgeon.

Dr. Dadvand

9201 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Fairly common

Discoloration after surgery is common. This usually heals very well in time. It is usually cause by reduced blood flow to the area, again common.

Miguel Delgado, MD

450 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

Gynecomastia Surgery Recovery?

It is difficult to determine exactly what is going on without direct physical examination. However based on the time frame and your picture you are most  likely experiencing bruising as opposed to blood supply issues. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

4 days after gynecomastia

This early one may be bruising.  Vascular compromise is possibility #2 but your photo does not really indicate this is the case.  Stay hydrated and away from tobacco products or excessive heat/cold and see your plastic surgeon.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

8900 E Raintree Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Gynecomastia can cause bruising.

Your picture does not show anything worrisome. The bruising after gynecomastia correction can last 3 weeks.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Bruising early after gynecomastia (male breast reduction)

Four days is too early to be concerned about your surgical result. It is likely to be bruising. Notify your surgeon but this does not appear to be an indication of any problem.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005