Is Nine Days Too Late to Remove Sutures Under the Tip of Your Nose After Open Rhinoplasty?

When is it optimal to remove them in order to achieve the aesthetically best result? Thank you for taking your time!

Nine days after surgery should be fine

+1

In many cases it is fine to remove the sutures 9 days after rhinoplasty surgery. There are many reasons to wait that long - significant tension, history of diabetes, etc. Typically 5-8 days is the amount of time sutures are left in, so nine days is fine.

+1

Every Rhinoplasty Surgeon will do things differently and in their own way.  I use either dissolveable stitches for the outside, inverted V skin incision, or 6-0 nylon that's removed at 1 week.  IMHO, the most importamnt factor, in selecting your Open Rhinoplasty Surgeon, is the ability to understand and follow the proper aethetics of facial 9and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose...not the type of skin closure.

Nine days after rhinopalsty to remove sutures

+1

While it is preferable to remove sutures within 5-7 days, it is not unheard of to have them removed a bit later. In most cases, it is not a problem.

Nasal sutures may be removed 9 days after your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

In my practice, I remove my patients' nasal dressing and sutures 7-8 days after surgery, and my columella-incisions heal without incident in nearly everyone. I do not like removing a dressing sooner than 6 days post-op since noses are still swollen and slightly more tender. Suture removal 9 days post-op should be fine.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your new look.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

When Should my Open Rhinoplasty Stitches be removed?

+1

For a great inconspicuous scar across the columella, the open rhinoplasty stitches need to be removed by 5 days after surgery. Waiting 9 days or longer will result in permanent rail road like dots along the sides of the scar. Your surgeon should have made this date clear to you. 

Removal of Sutures after Rhinoplasty

+1

Removal of sutures under the tip of the nose is 9 days after rhinoplasty is not too late. However, what I say is not important - follow the instructions of the surgeon that you trusted to do your surgery.

Collumelar stiches

+1

Hi Sharah

Do not worry! Nine days is fine.

In order to achieve the asthethic best resut what is more relevante is how the suture were done.

Any  time between 6 to 10 days is perfect. Usually it heals great and the scar is amost imperceptible with time goes on

Good luck

Cynthia

Cynthia Nicolau, MD
Brazil Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Hi,

I remove collumelar stitches on day 3 post - op and place a steri-strip over the incision. Never had a wound problem and the incision heal great.. I think more that 6 days is too long. The link below will show some before and after incisions.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

When to remove nasal surgery

+1

Any time between 7-10 days, in general. That scar usually heals great so don't worry about how long the stitches are in.

Ronald Schuster, MD