Night Vision After Lasik

When does the night vision clear up after lasik. I had mine done by the Allegretto Wavelight Eye - Q. So far 7 weeks and bad night vision. I still have some minor rx left over and suspect it could be causeing the problem. Some say night vision never returns and some say it returns in 3 to 6 months. I go for my enhancement in October and I'm hoping this will resolve the issue. Just looking for a clear answer. I had the best surgeon in Dallas, Tx do mine.

Night Vision after LASIK

+2

There are two reasons for decreased night vision after laser vision correction(PRK or LASIK). The first sounds like your problem, and is some remaining refractive error.....either nearsightedness, astigmatism or farsightedness. This problem should be resolved by your upcoming enhancement. The second reason is post treatment swelling and healing. The majority of this clears up in the first two to four weeks, however, some minor amounts can remain for 3-6 months. Hang in there, you will be better soon. In my opinion, the Wavelight Allegretto laser is the best laser in the world, so you should be fine.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

If some minor RX is still present this can definitely affect night vision

+1

If some minor RX is still present this can definitely affect night vision and an enhancement would usually be beneficial.  This can be confirmed, pre-op by the doctor with eye glasses or contact lens trials.

Christopher Coad, MD
New York Ophthalmologist