Fuzzy Night Vision After Lasik

I had lasik 2 weeks ago today and my night vision still hasnt seem to return. When I get in dim light things kinda get fuzzy. What could be the cause of this? Or does my eyes need more time to heal and adjust since my RX was high?

Fuzzy Night Vision after LASIK

+1

It is perfectly normal for night vision to be slightly fuzzy for the first week or two following Laser Vision Correction(LASIK or PRK). There is some minor swelling of the cornea which will go away with a combination of time and the eyedrops we prescribe during your post op period. Obviously, if you have more trouble than this, or it continues for longer than a week or two, you should contact your surgeon.

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Relax, you will probably get better

+1

Two weeks is not a long time after LASIK and your vision may not be fully corrected at night during the healing period.  Although many patients see well day and night within days of LASIK, some people take longer.  This may be because you have large pupils, you may have "nightime myopia" where your vision is not fully corrected at night, or it may be from other causes.  You should be patient for 3 months but be sure to check with your doctor and have them be sure that nothing is wrong.

Jon Dishler, MD
Denver Ophthalmologist

Fuzzy Night Vision after LASIK

+1

Dear Firefigher76651

It is not uncommon to have some night vision complaints early after LASIK due to swelling of the cornea or residual refractive error. Often, these complaints resolve over the first three months with Custom-LASIK.  I would recommend that you inform your eye surgeon of your complaints an profession as sometimes, a temporary glass or contact lens may help if hindering your ability to work.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

Eyes need more time to heal

+1

Yes, your eyes need more time to heal.  They will need approximately more than 2 weeks to heal completely.

Christopher Coad, MD
New York Ophthalmologist