I have bumps on the bridge where the dorsal hump was. Will I need a revision? I can make them go away when i push. (Photo)

I got an open rhinoplasty done on April 1st 2014 it is August 13 2014. Im going to try & add pix but blur my face so im not recognized. Questions is...im approx. 4mo out & i have a lumpy bridge where the bump was. I can press down & make the bumps go away completely but, when i do not push them down i am walking around with a hump on the bridge! With these go away or do you think i need a revision? at what point will I know for sure? & how can I tell if its swelling or something else?

Bumps on nasal bridge after rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is not uncommon especially that swelling takes time to subside as it masks the results of your surgery.

Since you are able to depress those bumps is promising. Exploring steroid injections as an option with your surgeon may not be a bad idea.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be patient, keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Bumps on bridge where hump was removed.

+1
Bumps on bridge where hump was removed. These will probably go away in another 6 months. If not filing under local anesthesia can be done in the office. .