Worried I Tore my Internal Sutures (4.5 Weeks Post-op)? (photo)

I've been waking up with a nice flat tummy this entire time. I have not had much swelling or any real issues. I was advised at 4 weeks that I could discontinue use of my binder and I could resume regular routine (minus use of my core or really heavy lifting). I decided to give the floors and good "hand and knees" wash and woke up this morning with a severe pot belly. I have no pain but there is tenderness above my belly button and sneezing feels like it did in week 2.

Worried I Tore my Internal Sutures (4.5 Weeks Post-op)?

+1

Dear Erin,

Thank you for your post.  It is certainly possible that these sutures have torn.  I would suggest follow up with your plastic surgeon for him to assess.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=79&StartRow=21

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

You absolutely need ONLY IN PERSON examinations and possible scans to determine the abdominal issues here.