Will Niacin Increase Effectiveness with V-Beam for Rosacea?

I've had two purpuric V-beam sessions, and I haven't seen any improvement. My doctor noted I would see some improvement after the second session. Notable, I haven't been very red at the time of treatment - so I'm considering taking a 500mg Niacin tablet before my treatment to create a flush. I also noticed the numbing cream he gave me tends to close off some of the redness. Would it be a bad idea to ditch the numbing cream and take a Niacin tablet?

Niacin and V-Beam

+1

Thank you for your question.  If you got purpuric after the treatment, I can hardly believe there was not some benefit.  I would discuss the Niacin with your doctor, and the numbing cream usually flushes out patients making them red after the treatment.  You could have a mild microdermabrasion before your treatment if you want to be more red.

Bay Area Dermatologist