I Had my Third Molar Tooth Extracted About Five Weeks Ago, I Can't Open my Mouth Freely?

hello, i had my third molar tooth extracted about five weeks ago, i still can't open my mouth freely, and i fell some slight pain in the head, also inflammation by the extraction site, what could it be??

Trismus

+1

Hello

First thing is I would go see the dentist/specialist who removed your tooth.  Have an evaluation and get their recommendation.  The possibilities are several in your situation, without the proper evaluation it can not be answered.  It could be trismus, where the muscles are tight from not opening.for several weeks and have to be stretched open or it could be a secondary infection.

Good Luck and feel better  

San Ramon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon