Are there any laser treatments proven to be effective for PIH scars? (photos)

I suffer from atopic eczema and skin picking disorder.

Pigmented scars on skin

+1
Pigment from trauma, abrasions and picking sores on the skin can be improved with topical creams (alpha hydroxy, bleaching/hydroquinone, tretinoin, urea creams), chemical peels and sometimes lasers. Laser treatments include long pulsed alexandrite (gentlelase) and q-switched lasers (as for tattoos) and fractional lasers (fraxel) but must be used cautiously and are best used in lighter skin types. Prevention and wound care for traumatized areas is important to prevent new areas and recurrence.

Charlotte Dermatologist

PIH scar therapy

+1
You very well may benefit from one of the new topical scar gels I now formulate for my personal patients.  See below:
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Scars and Pigment on Legs

+1
See a cosmetic dermatologist, topical lightening creams, sunscreen and peels can help.  You have to avoid trauma at all times in the future though.  Best, Dr. Emer.