How to Fix in This Awkward Nose? (photo)

My Nose is way awkward and I have hard time explaining what need to be done with it.It is wide tip that you will never have seen in life.crooked bridge,very big nose and lot more.I have attached some pictures. 1)What specific is wrong with it? 2)How to fix it? 3)If it fixed will it look natural?

How to fix this awkward nose?

+1

This nose has asymmetric and misshapen lower lateral cartilages that can be addressed by suturing the tip cartilages together to reduce the gap at the nasal tip.  A shield graft at the nasal tip correct the defect at the front part of the tip.  Osteotomies will be required to narrow and straighten crooked nasal bones, and spreader grafts may also be required to correct the concaved side.

Complex nasal deformity can be addressed by external rhinoplasty

+1

You do have a complex nasal deformity with a wide, boxy, bifid nasal tip, and a narrow, deviated nasal dorsum which predisposes to postoperative nasal airway problems if not addressed at the primary surgery. I think this requires an open rhinoplasty approach done by an experienced surgeon. Even the cleft between the tip domes can be corrected with this approach. Good luck!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Fix in This Awkward Nose?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose is large with asymmetric and prominent nasal cartilages that show through thin skin.  An open Rhinoplasty would address these issues.  Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty for large deviated nose, etc.

+1

A rhinoplasty to correct your large cartilages, box tip, crooked deviated septum, hump, wide base etc etc. is what you need. This should be done by a VERY experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Rhinoplasty

+1

You have a complicated nose. There are multiple issues with each component of your nose.A specific detailed description of each aspect of your potential surgery is well beyond the scope of this forum. There are multiple areas which can be improved in your case.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Best Rhinoplasty for Large Nose

+1

Hi Dream Nose,

Your nose has large lower lateral cartilages, a dorsal hump, and appears crooked.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can correct your nose. Most would use an open or external approach, using septal cartilage grafts for a columellar struct.  It should look natural.  Most importantly, choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Awkward nose can be solved with rhinoplasty

+1
The problems you note with your tip and the nasal twist are all things that a well planned rhinoplasty can correct. Computer imaging can help you understand the effect the changes will have. Seeing is believing.

Based on your photo, you may consider consulting a surgeon experienced in Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.

+1

You appear to have a large cleft in the lobule of your nose. This appears to be due to a gap between the medial crurae of your lower lateral tip cartilages.

I have had good success filling clefts like this with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. I do not know the advisability of using temporary fillers in this part of your nose, as my clinical experience is strictly with Silikon-1000.

If you have other issues with your nose, Rhinoplasty Surgery may be indicated.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Awkard nose

+1

You have a bolbous, or round nasal tip, with a cleft between the tip cartilages. You also have internal nasal valve collapse with what appears to be a deviated septum, causing the nose to lean to the left.

An experienced nose surgeon should be able to improve on these features.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Awkward Nose

+1

You have a large tip with a cleft between the cartilages, deviation of the nose including the septum,narrowing  of the center of your nose which probably is causing breathing obstruction, and a hump and over projected tip. All of these iproblems can be corrected with a septorhinoplasty. An experienced surgeon can improve your nose and give you a natural result.