Eyelid Pulling Away from Eye at Sides After Lower Bleph?

I had lower lid skin pinch 2 weeks ago. To remove excess skin left after previous lower bleph My eye lid is pulling away frm my eye ball at corners. my dr advised me to tape And massage. I also have visible scarring on the outer corner of one eye, Can all these resolve on their own. Should I be worried at this point

+1

Massage, taping, and proper lubrication may all be recommended.  I would follow closely with your surgeon as he or she will be in the best position to monitor your condition and the progress over time.                                                                                                              Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                            Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Eyelid tethering following lower blepharoplasty,

+1

Malposition of the lateral canthus (outside corner of the eyelids) at 2 weeks may or may not represent a long term problem.  Need to wait another 2 to 3 months to make a final determination.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Most lower lid issues resolve with conservative management after blepharoplasty.

+1

I agree with the advice given to you by your surgeon. Most the time these issues resolved with conservative measures although it may take several months.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Avoiding lower eyelid malposition following a blepharoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to have some pulling away of the lid at the corner of the eye following a blepharoplasty.    This condition is usually managed by massage and taping.  This condition can often be avoided if the eye is carefully examined both before and after surgery.  If there is any laxity of the lower eyelid meaning the eyelid can be pulled away from the globe greater than 6 mm then a cantholysis and canthopexy can be performed.  If the problem develops and  does not resolve over the first  6 months then a patient with this condition may need  a delayed  cantholysis and canthoplasty to tighten and reposition the lower canthal tendon. 

You are extremely early from surgery.

+1

A lot will change are you heal.  Complications after lower blepharoplasty are very common.  They often don't fully resolve as you heal.  Taping and massage can help to a degree.  Don't get talked into a revisional procedure by your surgeon unless you fully understand what is being proposed.  Generally these situations are much more complicated than the original surgeon comprehends.  Well meaning efforts to "tuck" the eyelid or "put a stitch in" can actually make the situation worse.  Time is very helpful.  Consider reposting with your photographs.

Problems after lower eyelid pinch 2 weeks ago.

+1

At 2 weeks after your lower eyelid pinch procedure, there would still be some expected healing to take place.  As the healing occurs, changes to your eyelids can still happen.  It can take several months for the healing to be completed.  I would not be worried at this point, but it is important for your surgeon to follow your progress to make sure there is improvement.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon