Why Do I Have Redness One Month Post-op Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty month ago. I had a dorsal augmentation using my ear cartilage and I still get redness and swelling which is mainly in the bottom third of the nose. My surgeon wasn't sure of the cause and I was referred to an ENT specialist who has given me a steroid spray which has not solved the problem. Is this a smoldering infection. or lack of blood supply. etc.

Redness of Dorsum with Cartilage Graft

+1

Infection is always a possibility as well as periostitis.  A trial of antibiotics may be warranted.  You will need followup with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Redness of the nose one month after rhinoplasty is cause for concern.

+1

This rhinoplasty involved placement of cartilage, which is a foreign body, on the dorsum of the nose. I would be worried that there might be an infection of this graft. Keep in close contact with your surgeon.

Best Treatment for Redness of Nose One Month After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Zefener,

You know, just last month I was asked this question by a guy named Rudolph from the Norht Pole, but he hadn't had a rhinoplasty

Kidding aside, best to have frequent follow ups with your rhinoplasty surgeon and ENT.  Must make sure that you do not have an infection.  May treat with course of antibiotics.  If there is no infection and your symptoms continue, you may wish to consult with a laser physician who uses a V-beam laser (which can treat redness and vascularity well).  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Redness one month after rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to provide you with advice without seeing a clearer photo. I would recommend following up with your surgeon again, as he/she will be able to evaluate your nose in person. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Redness of nasal tip

+1

It is difficult to say what is going on with the redness of your nose. It is difficult to see from the photo. It is best for you to follow closely with your surgeon.