Fraxel Re:store Dual For Cheek Scar?

My problem area is only one deep scar on my cheek that bothers me alot!!! what do you experts recommend?

Fraxel restore-Dual for Cheek Scar

+2

Hi I love plastic,

It is difficult to answer your question without a photo of your scar.  Either fractional CO2 or fractional erbium laser (Fraxel repair or restore) are effective at treating facial scars.  Fraxel Dual has both the erbium and the thulium 1927 laser, your scar only needs to be treated with the erbium.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Deep scar revision

+1

For some deep scars, the size of the base in diameter and its depth indicate that it will never improve enough, no matter how many treatments, with laser, regardless of type, or dermabrasion (sanding) or deep chemical peel. Scar revision may have to be done surgcially prior to laser resurfacing and there is no guarantee that it won't heal worse than it appeared prior to the revision. Sometimes fillers can help too. See a specialist in person for a consultation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Many options for scars

+1

I would say that there are several options and the final choice depends on many variables. Have your board certified dermatologist review: subsicion with or without fillers, pulsed dye laser if red, Fraxel restore or Dual if you have ethnic skin, Active FX if severe, dermabrasion, etc. These are all excellent options in the right patient for the right scar.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist