Treatments for Old Scalding Scars? (photo)

My name is Scott and when i was 2 a kettle of boiling water fell onto my right arm. I was in and out of hospital as i grew up and had numerous skin grafts and tendents removed, i am 24 now and my GP says he can't help as it's cosmetic. the scar has gotten better somewhat over the years but it is still pretty ugly to look at and i'm really self conscious about it, i know it won't go away completely but if anyone could give me advice on treatment that could help? pics attached. thank you.

Burn scars and treatment

+1

There are many options for burn scars including IIT, lasers, surgical scar release, and skin graft techniques.  All of these can help improve scarring and scar visibility. 

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.