Drooping Nose Tip When Smiling. Will This Help With My Drooping Tip on Animation? (photo)

Don't think the surgeon wants to cut the depressor. My surgeon didn't want to cut this muscle, he did say he wanted to cut some kind of muscle but I forgot what he said (He also said that I wouldnt fully get rid of the drooping tip, which confuses me as the first surgeon said cutting the Depressor Septi would cure this problem) - He did want to raise the tip, bring the bones in and rasp down the bridge of the nose, will all this help with my drooping tip on animation? or not?

Drooping Nose Tip When Smiling. Will This Help With My Drooping Tip on Animation?

+1

Removing some of the depressor septi muscle is a standard maneuver to improve the dynamic tip. An adjunct that is very helpful is adding some cartilage structure to the tip to support it in its new, uplifted position. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drooping tip

+1

Dividing the depressor muscle can minimize motion of the tip. Botox is a reasonable option ot see if it achieves what you want.

Releasing the depressor septi ligament

+1

Releasing of the depressor septi ligament is only maneuver in rhinoplasty that will  de-animate  the tip, and stop  the tip from drooping upon smiling. Shaving a bump downOn the bridge of the nose or a bringing the bones inward  will not affect a drooping tip

Consider Botox prior to cutting any muscles during rhinoplasty.

+1

In general is not a good idea to deanimate the nose surgical. You can test the effect by try Botox.

Finding the Right Surgeon for a Droopy Nasal Tip

+1

Jamie,

Thank you again for sharing. If you have now seen two surgeons and been given different impressions, then I would consider a third opinion. You absolutely need to feel good about the person that is going to operate on you and feel he has the necessary skill to accomplish your goals. Your pictures are consistant with a ptotic nasal tip on animation and a hanging tip lobule in repose. In my opinion, the depressor septi muscle needs to be addressed and additional tip support/contouring are necessary.  I hope this helps. Take care.

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon