How much can I expect to pay to have five round white scars removed on my chest? (photo)

I have some scars on my chest from a skin infection. They are round (ish) in shape, flat and white. I really just want them to be thinner and less visible. Am I right in thinking scar excision and straight line closure would work well? How much can I expect to pay for this?

Scar therapy

+1
A physical exam will determine the best course of action, surgical or non-surgical. 
Although the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are considered permanent.
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter scar therapy products. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home.

Chest Scar Removal

+1
Hi Skate.  The price of scar removal is going to vary from practice to practice so best to attend a couple consultations local plastic surgery offices.

With that said, excision may be the only option you have to remove the scars, but it's also going to leave new scars.  There would be "straight line scars" as you have pointed out, but they may be just as noticeable as the circles that you have now.  Not sure what is preferable, but you should clearly understand before moving forward that you will have scars after the procedure as well.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD