Breast Lift/augmentation, or Just a Lift? (photo)

I'm very active and love running and worry the implants will make this hard. Also worried if I do a just a lift if my breast size will dramatically decrease they are currently a deflated 34 C..I've been told because of the width of my breast I'll have to stick to a full C to fill the breast out. I'd rather be a full B Idk....any ideas?

Implants are NOT required for upper pole fullness

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift, which avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. This technique will reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without implants. If you are happy with your size, implants are not required. Implants are not required to create upper pole fullness. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Vs. Augmentation with Lift #breastimplants

+1

Obviously a direct exam allows for me to give the best advice. So, you just need to define your goals clearly as it seems you have. A good surgeon will be able to adjust and give you what you want. If you need a lift, you need a lift. A smaller implant can be used to keep the size you want and then the lift can be performed. I have many women with your concerns and I never have problems picking the right size and style implant to give them what they want. You may need a more low profile implant that is wider to fill you out but keeps you smaller and less projected.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast lift vs. lift and augmentation

+1

You are getting a lot of different answers, which is what happens when you ask a number of different surgeons: there will be differing approaches. The ONLY THING an implant can do for you is increase your breast size. Since that is clearly not what you want, an implant would be a bad idea. In fact, it is not necessary. My strong recommendation for you would be to proceed with a lift, and then see what you think. Ask your surgeon for before and after pictures that match your situation, so that you can have a good idea of what to reasonably expect. If it turns out that later you DO wish to have more volume, implants can easily be placed. If a surgeon tells you that they cannot pull this off without putting in an implant, trust them that they cannot. But keep looking for someone that can. Good luck, inform yourself as much as you can, and be very clear with the surgeons that you interview as to what exactly your goals are, so that they can assist you with that.

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift does not change cup size

+1

It sounds like you are an ideal candidate for a breast lift! If you are currently a C cup, and you would like to be a B cup, you actually need a slight decrease in your breast volume, which is easily accomplished during your breast lift. Lifting the breast improves fullness in the upper and lateral portions of the breast, making it look less "deflated"and "Perkier".  I have had many athletic patients who want to avoid implants, and are very happy with the improvement in breast appearance from a lift.

Robert J. Carpenter, MD
Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Lift v Augmentation and LIft

+1

Most of the decision depends upon what  your desired outcome is.  If you do a lift alone you will have a nicer shape and appearance to your breast but you will not  have upper pole fullness. The latter comes from the implant.  When doing a lift the only thing that is removed is skin so your breast size will not decrease but it will feel smaller as you will not be so pendulous. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

My over the internet opinion is a lift like a donut with a larger implant to take up some of the breast tissue.//

Breast lift alone?

+1
So sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you really would be a candidate for both an augmentation and a lift.  An augmentation alone would leave you with a saggy breasts and a lift alone would leave you with a hollowed and empty great.  The two combined would give you the best result.  Best of luck.  cd

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift along with an implant or just a lift?

+1

Your photos show that you have definite ptosis( sagging) of the breasts with loss of volume. You need a breast lifting along with an implant, but I wouldn't suggest going for a full C if you are an active athlete. Ultimately the final decision should be made at time of examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Lift? Will this impact my Exercising?

+1

This is probably one of the most common question we get as plastic surgeons. First of all, there is no good way to augment a women and achieve a nice result if she starts with significant breast ptosis (when the nipple is facing downward).  I have seen this in unhappy patients who come to me to revise what someone else has done.  Placing implants that are too large for the patient's body type ends up as a disaster with very large saggy implants.

It sounds to me that you are very reasonable and understand the risks of going to big. In your scenario, it is best to perform a lift with a small, moderate profile silicone implant for added fullness up top. You could certainly end up with a full "B" to small "C" cup with the properly selected implants. Spending time with a board certified plastic surgeon discussing this and looking at sizes before you settle on surgery.

In reference to your question about exercise. Well sized, smaller implants are soft, light and will not interfere with exercise of any type even when placed under the muscle. I have many patients who are avid exercisers and personal trainers, no one has ever complained about muscle weakness or implants getting in the way. Just avoid too large of an implant. Hope this helps.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lift with or without implant

+1

I would recommend a lift with a small implant.  This will give you upper pole fullness along with perky breasts.  A small implant should not affect activities.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD